What is she?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kell-inKY

Reaction score
Just having a little fun, I have a couple of pics of #74, she has been the most calm and good natured heifer, she is very protective as a new mama though which is good. Anyway, she is noticeably taller than everyone else and her head looks different, like a taller point or something with lower ears. She is a big cow. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think she might have mixed in her, some holstein, brahma or something? Like I said, she is tall/big, and has a tendency to be off by herself a lot, like she doesn't fit with the others.

I have a pic from when she was a young heifer, and a not good at all pic of her with her calf, and the last pic which does not do her head justice since I was above her taking the pic, it is actually much taller/pointier than that.

8358-cow74.jpg

8358-74calf.jpg

8358-74alone.jpg

I guess she's just a little taller than normal then, or the rest of mine might be short..... she's a keeper at any rate.

She could easily be a Sim-Angus or Main Angus or even a Main-Sim-Angus cross, she looks similar to these cows.
First cows is Sim-Angus (calf is Main-Sim-Angus, pictured as a cow in the second picture)
Ear set is similar, the Angus cow the the Sim-Angus is out of had the same ear set to her.
Both cows are large, easy 56to 58 inches at the shoulder if not a little taller and between 1400 and1500 pounds,
DSC_0374_640x428_.jpg

DSC_0378_640x428_.jpg

Thanks, VCC those could be her sisters, that knot is what is peculiar to me, my pictures don't really show it. As far as her size, my others are average black cows for my area, she is just taller, picture from above made her look squatty. She does not look very angus like is why I was asking.
Thanks again, oh yeah, she has 6 nipples too! Good mama and she had a pretty calf.

cow pollinater":1f0ltt4v said:
I think gelbvieh is somewhere close in her lineage.
Just googled it and she sure looks like that. When they were young she blew past the others in height and weight even though she started smaller. Super duper calm but anti social with the others, keeps her distance but stays in the vicinity. Would eat from my hand if I wanted. Probably boring to experienced cattle people but I find it interesting, thanks again