What is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a show heifer that has broke out with what we thought were warts. She has white scabs all over her body, some very large and some small. When you peel them off they bleed and you can see her skin. What are they and how do you get rid of them???

[email protected]

Chances are what you are seeing is warts. but unfortunately there is not much to do for them. They usually dont affect the animal negatively. The only treatment that I am aware of to just to let them run there course. They will eventually dry up and fall off on their own. However, there are vaccines available for other animals that arent affected. They are usually available from your local farm store...but make sure you follow directions to the letter....

[email protected]

It would probably be a good idea to have a vet look at your heifer. The lesions are likely warts, ringworm is possible too, although you can't usually "pull off scabs to blood". Both of these conditions could make the animal ineligible to be at a show, so it would be a good idea to get them taken care of as soon as possible.

> I have a show heifer that has
> broke out with what we thought
> were warts. She has white scabs
> all over her body, some very large
> and some small. When you peel them
> off they bleed and you can see her
> skin. What are they and how do you
> get rid of them???

[email protected]

Latest posts