What is he worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy

Reaction score

I posted some pics of this bull coming out of winter. I've had him listed for $2250 and no bites not sure why. I see worse bulls selling for more. What y'all think he is worth?

Beefmaster, I assume? He's a nice looking bull, except for the horns. I agree with the others that they're probably the reason you aren't getting any bites.

Sorry made the post kinda quick. He is a registered Beefmaster bull was 2 back in February. Has pretty darn good foundation genetics he is gentle.he goes back to Frenzel and L-Bar genetics has 5502 on Daddy side. I know a lot of people don't like horns but I see a lot of horns on both cows and bulls in pasture. I think for the price he is a steal as I have seen worse bulls for over 3000. He has never really been on feed he fleshed out on grass just gets a lil bit of feed every once in awhile to keep them coming. I was just curious if y'all see something I am missing or what y'all thought about the price.

Maybe dehorning him and you'll have some nibbles. Majority of people didn't like dealing the big mature horned bulls

Horns,,,and Tx.Probably has plenty of BM Bulls to spare...do some decorative dehorning on him, and it will put some shine on him.. Snub em back and cut at a angle. Like they do Hereford.." He's a good looking bull..

ALACOWMAN":2z3qcu69 said:
Horns,,,and Tx.Probably has plenty of BM Bulls to spare...do some decorative dehorning on him, and it will put some shine on him.. Snub em back and cut at a angle. Like they do Hereford.." He's a good looking bull..

Or put a set of horn weights on him and turn them down.
Now do they still sell horn weights?

Caustic Burno":179y4an9 said:
ALACOWMAN":179y4an9 said:

Or put a set of horn weights on him and turn them down.
Now do they still sell horn weights?
Got a set Dad had around here somewhere.

If I go have him tipped what do y'all think he is worth. I think he is is a 2500 maybe more bull but I listed him for 2250 cause of the horns. Am I wrong?

wacocowboy":18o6fz2y said:
If I go have him tipped what do y'all think he is worth. I think he is is a 2500 maybe more bull but I listed him for 2250 cause of the horns. Am I wrong?
I'd ask the 2500 anyway.... You can lose folks interest on one priced to low as well as to high...

You can only sell something for what someone is willing to pay. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.

True Grit Farms":3cotwl7u said:
. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.

More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.

JWBrahman":2rmqy6je said:
True Grit Farms":2rmqy6je said:
. You'll look long, hard and far before you'd ever see a bull like him around these parts.

More pics and chickens where you're at than cattle.

The 2 largest sale barns in the state are located within 50 miles of our place, and there's 3 smaller ones within 30 miles. It's not Texas but we do have some cattle around here. Just no BM herd bulls that I'm aware of. And I've never seen a decent horned bull of any bred come through our local sale barns.

Latest posts