What is going on in our country.

Help Support CattleToday:

History is great, what many milenials don't know about corrupt presidential races- 1960, not picking on any particular party:

Kennedy won a huge victory in Chicago, which was dominated by Richard Daley's Democratic political machine and Sam Giancana's Mafia (Kennedy had numerous direct and indirect ties to Giancana throughout his life). The biggest anomaly is the fact that Kennedy only won Illinois because he won the city of Chicago by a margin of over 450,000 votes and those vote totals weren't released by Richard Daley – Chicago's Mayor – until the day after the election. The Chicago Tribune found numerous examples of voter fraud, including votes cast by dead people, and concluded that "the election of November 8 was characterized by such gross and palpable fraud as to justify the conclusion that Nixon was deprived of victory."
Here's a great story from the Washington Post in 2000 about the 1960 election. The most surprising thing about that election is that, even with pretty obvious evidence, Richard Nixon – RICHARD NIXON! – refused to contest the election because he worried that it would tear the country apart.

Again, not picking on any particular party, but do you know what US official currently in a national race said the following in regards to a foreign election?

"And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win."

Commercialfarmer":3tdwmf36 said:
History is great, what many milenials don't know about corrupt presidential races- 1960, not picking on any particular party:

Kennedy won a huge victory in Chicago, which was dominated by Richard Daley's Democratic political machine and Sam Giancana's Mafia (Kennedy had numerous direct and indirect ties to Giancana throughout his life). The biggest anomaly is the fact that Kennedy only won Illinois because he won the city of Chicago by a margin of over 450,000 votes and those vote totals weren't released by Richard Daley – Chicago's Mayor – until the day after the election. The Chicago Tribune found numerous examples of voter fraud, including votes cast by dead people, and concluded that "the election of November 8 was characterized by such gross and palpable fraud as to justify the conclusion that Nixon was deprived of victory."
Here's a great story from the Washington Post in 2000 about the 1960 election. The most surprising thing about that election is that, even with pretty obvious evidence, Richard Nixon – RICHARD NIXON! – refused to contest the election because he worried that it would tear the country apart.
Google "The Duke of Duval" (George Parr) and the infamous "Ballot box 13".
ballot-box-13-1268240772.jpeg

..Fast-forward to 1948 when Lyndon B. Johnson was in a close contest against Coke R. Stevenson to represent Texas in the U.S. Senate. The Handbook of Texas says, "With Stevenson the apparent winner, election officials in Jim Wells County, probably acting on Parr's orders, reported an additional 202 votes (in Precinct 13) for Johnson a week after the primary runoff and provided the future president with his 87-vote margin of victory for the whole state." The voting lists from Precinct 13 disappeared, leaving Stevenson's supporters to allege that many of the late votes were so well organized that they were cast in alphabetical order in the same handwriting using green ink. People even voted from the great beyond.
That single ballot box changed history fer sure.

Doesn't seem too bad to me. Somehow these guys get longer sentences for selling drugs than they would for rape or murder. Always has baffled me why we hate drug sellers more than child molesters.

Recently on the news they announced a level 3 sex offender was being released in our nearby city. They know he will re-offend, but turn him loose anyway. Okay, kiddos, get ready! WTH?????

Also a guy on our local news who just got his 7th DUI and posted bail and is free again.

Then there is Joseph Duncan who started raping boys when he was 15, and arrested and released several times. Until he came to this area in 2005 and attacked a family. Tied up the mom, dad, and older son and beat them to death with a hammer, then took the young girl and boy into the mountains and raped them, and killed the boy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_E._Duncan_III

Maybe we need more room in the prisons.

djinwa":1citub0c said:
Doesn't seem too bad to me. Somehow these guys get longer sentences for selling drugs than they would for rape or murder. Always has baffled me why we hate drug sellers more than child molesters.

Recently on the news they announced a level 3 sex offender was being released in our nearby city. They know he will re-offend, but turn him loose anyway. Okay, kiddos, get ready! WTH?????

Also a guy on our local news who just got his 7th DUI and posted bail and is free again.

Then there is Joseph Duncan who started raping boys when he was 15, and arrested and released several times. Until he came to this area in 2005 and attacked a family. Tied up the mom, dad, and older son and beat them to death with a hammer, then took the young girl and boy into the mountains and raped them, and killed the boy.

Because dealers skipped out on paying taxes IMO. Plus the whole failed war on drugs! Such a waste of young lives and tax money.

djinwa":kntyj8ye said:

Or maybe we just need justice to be served. When it comes to capital offenses, let the victims family decide the punishment of the guilty, instead of a panty waist judge. We have plenty of prisons if we make them somewhere that no one wants to go back to. Getting tough on crime will fix alot of problems, just no money or jobs in that.

Problem with prisons today in Texas is Judge William Wayne Justice turned them from heII on earth to a hotel.
Can't violate a convicted criminal civil rights boy if that is not an oxymoron.
They used to work in the fields from can see to can't the prison system actually made money for the state.
Couldn't have that now it is one of the biggest drains on the budget.
I will leave you in guessing the judges political leaning.

Margonme":3kn0ssmz said:
True Grit Farms":3kn0ssmz said:
js1234":3kn0ssmz said:
I agree. Regardless of which side of the aisle one inhabits, deleting those posts would be silly.

I knew there was corruption on both sides, because the government is crooked, and those that live in glass house's better not throw rocks. It's a shame that we the voters can't rescind some of the presidents powers, or get term limits passed.
For the people, by the people doesn't seem to mean much to a modern day politician.

The Pardon powers are intended to vest power in the highest office of the land to balance an error of judgement. It has not worked that way. Presidents have made the Pardon powers the most corrupt form of politics one will ever see.
I have never researched it any but are there any legal requirements people or the charge have to meet to be pardoned? Or can a president or governor for that matter just pardon anyone they please?

tom4018":20f6pc87 said:
Margonme":20f6pc87 said:
True Grit Farms":20f6pc87 said:
I knew there was corruption on both sides, because the government is crooked, and those that live in glass house's better not throw rocks. It's a shame that we the voters can't rescind some of the presidents powers, or get term limits passed.
For the people, by the people doesn't seem to mean much to a modern day politician.

The Pardon powers are intended to vest power in the highest office of the land to balance an error of judgement. It has not worked that way. Presidents have made the Pardon powers the most corrupt form of politics one will ever see.
I have never researched it any but are there any legal requirements people or the charge have to meet to be pardoned? Or can a president or governor for that matter just pardon anyone they please?

I am not sure of the legal limits but the intention was to give the highest office in the land Powers to Pardon to correct a perceived miscarriage of Justice. It has become a political tool and an extreme abuse of power.

I copied this from Wikipedia:

The power to pardon is one of the least limited powers granted to the President in the Constitution. The only limits mentioned in the Constitution are that pardons are limited to offenses against the United States (i.e., not civil or state cases), and that they cannot affect an impeachment process.Jul 9, 2007

Commercialfarmer":2183gzk4 said:

Popular vote only..........Kennedy won the electoral vote by 84 votes. Many more should Illinois have gone Repub.

Latest posts