What is everyone's choice breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

What is your choice breed?

• Angus and/or Angusx (include red as w/ all)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charolais and/or Charolaisx

• Brahman and/or influenced (Brangus, Simbrah,etc.)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Herefored and/or x

• Limousin and/or x

• Maine-Anjou and/or x

• Shorthorn and/or x

• Simmental and/or x

• Longhorn and/or x

• other...

• Total voters

branxchar&charx

Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody prefers (dont exactly have to own to prefer). Figured i summarize it into a simple poll. i am sure angus is the majority just wondering what some other people like and what else is raised. with the brahman i figured i just put it into one since there are so many. i answered more than one.

well i tried to answer more than one. oh well. its late (or early which ever one). hope this dont start a feud but what are gonna do?

I'm kind of partial to a SimxCharxHerf cross commercial cow. A bit of Shorthorn thrown in the mix can really put the pounds on the calf too. I tend to find that my Angus and Angus cross cows produce calves that are a little lighter built through the hind end and don't bring the premium that the soggier Exotic cross calves do. Believe it or not, some of the dandiest calves I've got are out of some Red Salers cows that I bought a couple years back at a herd dispersal sale. Crossed with the Char bulls they really produce a long meaty thick calf without too much leg.

Take care.

I raise/show Longhorns. However if i were to start my own herd, i kind of like Gerts. and Red angus.

I like the little guys... Dexter's. Dual breed meat and milk, docile temperment and easy to handle by myself. I personally prefer polled.

I guess I will have to fess up..

Angus
Brangus
AngusPlus Not actually a recognized breed yet.
Polled Hereford

Angus
Red Angus
Gelbvieh
any calf that grows well

I dispise limis! never had a tame one step foot on the farm and there's been a few

Anything with no horns, little to no ear, that's young and sound, not crazy, will raise a good calf and breed back reliably.

Craig-TX

frenchie":2xmtkfv2 said:
la4angus angusPlus??

Its a tossup for me between Black Angus and Horned Herefords

It's right in between angus and Brangus. I think instead of 3/8 brahman, its 3/16 brahman :cboy:

frenchie":2plrivac said:
la4angus angusPlus??

Its a tossup for me between Black Angus and Horned Herefords
Frenchie,angus plus is generally referred to calves from Angus bulls used on Brangus or Brangus type cows. No certain percentage to be called Angus Plus, except they should carry a higher percentage of Angus than Brangus has.

I've got a little bit of everything. Mostly Angus x, Brahmanx, and Herefod x. Brahman my favorite because of their looks and character. herefords are ok. They don't give as much milk and are more suceptable for disease. We're trying to weed them out. The angus look good bred to any kind of bull. Tey're just a little short for me.

frenchie":1v5yvsll said:
la4angus angusPlus??

frennchie , before everything gets completely confusing here is a good definition.

Effective July 1, 2004, Angus Plus cattle will be defined as those cattle that are Brahman/Angus derivatives that have been derived from purebred lines (Red Angus, Angus, Brahman, Red Brangus, and/ or Brangus) between 65% and 96% registered red or black Angus and a minimum of 4% registered Brahman. Those Angus Plus cattle that have been bred-up, i.e. with commercial cattle in their pedigree or contain a purebred breed other than the previously mentioned breeds will be differentiated by having an "X" appear at the end of Angus Plus on the registration certificate. Birth date, weaning date and weaning weight are required in order to be registered as Angus Plus or Angus Plus X.

Craig-TX":3od94fg5 said:
Anything with no horns, little to no ear, that's young and sound, not crazy, will raise a good calf and breed back reliably.

Craig-TX

That sound like my first choice also! :lol: