what is best for respitory

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
in the past we have used nuflor but it seems to take awile to work and alot of re-treats.la-200 was ok.i know micotil is supposed to work good but i will not use it due to how dangerous it is to humans.how good is resflor?

I am not familiar with the drug you are specifically asking about. I have always gone to nuflor first. You might try Draxxin or Baytril. I understand your concerns with micotil, but I have used that as well and would not close the door to it as an option. I would not even mess with LA-200. Whatever you choose, I strongly recommend pairing it with banamine or dex and a probiotic.

Symptoms??

Resflor is a mixture of Nuflor and Banamine, I have not used it yet. Other than that I agree 100% with what angie said.

Larry

If I catch them early on, I treat with draxxin and generic banamine. One shot does it. If I'm a little late and they are real sick, I give draxxin and banamine as usual and add 2cc/cwt of baytril. If you use draxxin alone give it at least 5 days as it works kind of slow but it does work. One shot of draxxin lasts as long as 2 shots of baytril or nuflor. By adding fast acting baytril with the draxxin, I've turned around some pretty sick calves.

Just my 2 cents worth.

piedmontese":3ddrdi6x said:
in the past we have used nuflor but it seems to take awile to work and alot of re-treats.la-200 was ok.i know micotil is supposed to work good but i will not use it due to how dangerous it is to humans.how good is resflor?

Micotil is a great med. Just operate with caution like everything else you do with cattle.

I'm going to "second" the advice on Draxxin... my vet said its the best thing going right now for respiratory problems BUT you really do have to be patient and thats really hard if they have more than just the cough... I'm liking the addition of banamine... has done wonders for me.

piedmontese":1231ptfz said:

Baytril worked best for us - almost always knocked out a respiratory problem in one dose. The very few cases that needed a follow up treatment were knocked out with a follow-up dose of penicillin. Bear in mind that we've been out of the cattle business for 4 years, and I'm sure they have come out with a lot of different drugs that I'm not aware of. Something else you need to be aware of is that if you choose to go with the 1 dose protocol, you can only use Baytril once in a 30 day period or you risk destroying the joint cartilage.

Restflor is a combination of Nuflor and Banamine. We used it once. Neither good or bad, just another option over 2 injections.
We have used Nuflor (restflor) and Excenel. Can;t really tell any difference except the Excenel seems to work better for footrot

Latest posts