What is a GURU???

Help Support CattleToday:

branxchar&charx

Reaction score
just wondering, i noticed on some people there is a GURU under their name, whats it mean? a moderator of sorts, maybe?

just a side note, it gets pretty bad when you gotta say something is a joke so people dont get all p*ssed over it, no offense anyone, ive had my bad days also

CattleAnnie":a9j56g6o said:
A Guru on the Q&A boards is someone who has submitted over a thousand posts.

Take care.

You put it much more diplomaticly then I would have.

A guru is someone that talks to much!

dun

CattleAnnie":itwzl4va said:

Take care.

dun

dun":6h3bjnbz said:
CattleAnnie":6h3bjnbz said:

Take care.

dun

I'll vouch that a GURU, so far on these boards anyway, is somebody who's boots have all the bullsh!t on the outside - not the inside. I'll tip my great big Texas hat to them.

Pssst - come on Campground and txag, hurry up and make the grade.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":1y2b0ukn said:
dun":1y2b0ukn said:
CattleAnnie":1y2b0ukn said:

Take care.

dun

I'll vouch that a GURU, so far on these boards anyway, is somebody who's boots have all the bullsh!t on the outside - not the inside. I'll tip my great big Texas hat to them.

Craig-TX

Thanks for the encouragement thier are a lot of very knowledgable cattlepeople on this board. I'm just a simple small time operation. I love reading the post as I get to learn something new everyday. Aint it great to be trained by experts.

Campground Cattle":3hxjka23 said:
......a lot of very knowledgable cattlepeople on this board. .......I love reading the post as I get to learn something new everyday.......
You got that right, Campground! Just like you, I learn something every day from the posters here. Gurus, non-gurus, members, guests, big outfits and small, we can all learn something from somebody! Special thanks, though, to the gurus D.R., LA and Dun for taking lots of their time to share with us!

I agree. My family has been in this buisness a long time and I still find new ideas. Some work, some don't but they are still ideas.

Craig-TX":34pc4ef5 said:

Craig-TX

yes, thanks for the encouragement Craig. some days, i get on the boards & have a response for almost every subject. then some days i get on here & don't feel like i can add anything more than anyone else has already said to the subject.

i, too, have learned a lot since joining the boards. there's a lot to be learned from the oldtimers and gurus as well as the newbies. sometimes we forget the small things & the folks new to the business will help remind us of them.

Well I don't know what a "GURU" is, but I believe down under
a "GooRoo" is a kangaroo that played on the road too much.

Hillbilly

Latest posts