What is a good brand solar fencer

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks guys.

BTW, I bought my dad a Zareba solar charger. It worked great until the second time the fire ants got into it. Now the circuit board is fried :x . Of all the chargers I've had this is the only one the fire ants have hit (knock on wood).

Moth balls in a plastic bag (punch holes in bag), taped to unit will keep fire ants way. I have to put moth balls in my fuse boxes to keep the ants out. Cutting up a fea collar works too.

Well, I got the top off the Parmak. dj was right, it pops off although it needed some serious prying with a screw driver. The battery reads 6.5 volts but I only get 2000 volts between the terminals whereas the Gallaghers will crank out 5k. Caustic and any others with a Parmak, what voltage do you get between the terminals?

milesvb":56hmog4c said:
Well, I got the top off the Parmak. dj was right, it pops off although it needed some serious prying with a screw driver. The battery reads 6.5 volts but I only get 2000 volts between the terminals whereas the Gallaghers will crank out 5k. Caustic and any others with a Parmak, what voltage do you get between the terminals?

After reading your post I went and checked the fence with one of those cheap testers that lite up I was showing between 5000 and 6000 volts a 1/4 mile from the charger.

Caustic Burno":g7dmkv40 said:
milesvb":g7dmkv40 said:

After reading your post I went and checked the fence with one of those cheap testers that lite up I was showing between 5000 and 6000 volts a 1/4 mile from the charger.

Thanks Caustic. Do you have the 6v model or the 12v? Mine is the 6v and the battery seems good. I've got the same type of tester and 2000v is all I can get out of it whether between the terminals or along the fence.

milesvb":tcd2kxyj said:
Caustic Burno":tcd2kxyj said:
milesvb":tcd2kxyj said:

Thanks Caustic. Do you have the 6v model or the 12v? Mine is the 6v and the battery seems good. I've got the same type of tester and 2000v is all I can get out of it whether between the terminals or along the fence.

Milesvb

Any chance your fence voltage tester is malfunctioning? Got a neighbor with one you can use to compare with? Just some random thoughts.

Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

milesvb":3p2q8p07 said:
Caustic Burno":3p2q8p07 said:
milesvb":3p2q8p07 said:

Mine is a 6V model check your grounds that has caused me more problems over the years than anything else.

Latest posts