What Injuries Have You Sustained from Cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411":2hoakwdn said:
I've heard quite a few stories of some of the older farmers having accidents with Poppin Johnies. Getting crushed between them and the equipment ther were pulling. My grandpa had one come over on him and pin him between the tractor and a disc, he probably wouldn't be here today if the neighbor hadn't been driving by at the time and seen it happen. We have a JD730 in the barn we've been working on getting running - that tractor scares me, I won't ever drive that one.

Sidney, what is a "Poppin Johnies"?

msscamp":2kswy8to said:
sidney411":2kswy8to said:
I've heard quite a few stories of some of the older farmers having accidents with Poppin Johnies. Getting crushed between them and the equipment ther were pulling. My grandpa had one come over on him and pin him between the tractor and a disc, he probably wouldn't be here today if the neighbor hadn't been driving by at the time and seen it happen. We have a JD730 in the barn we've been working on getting running - that tractor scares me, I won't ever drive that one.

I'm not Sidney, but Poppin' Johnnies are the old two-cylinder John Deere tractors. Pop-Pop.

cfpinz

Loading a cow i bought at the sale barn last week. i had my arm over in the trailor holding the cut gate to swing it closed after she moved up on to the front of the trailor, well??? i thought she had cleared it so i pushed it to latch, it hit her in the rump and she kicked it back at me before i could take my arm out. Still can barely move parts of it.

cfpinz":3jea70v4 said:
msscamp":3jea70v4 said:
sidney411":3jea70v4 said:

I'm not Sidney, but Poppin' Johnnies are the old two-cylinder John Deere tractors. Pop-Pop.

cfpinz

Thanks!

I had several cows with anaplaz that went crazy. One butted me halfway thru a sheet iron barn wall.

Last week a cow kicked the middle gate in my trailer as I was closing it. One latch hit my thigh and one caught my ribs. I am one black and blue guy right now......

I have been stepped on, run over and butted.....

My dad had a dairy cow, put a horn in one of his eyes. He can still see but he doesnt have good peripheral vision from that eye.

Be careful out there..........

I forgot the smashed cheekbone when a horse threw his head(my fault being in the way) Had double vision for quite some time--also knees that a horse fell on(his fault)--stepped on,bumped 'bout 10ft when another horse bit the one behind me..bitten(ONCE) Ran into by a steer-- still more afraid of people than animals..

Latest posts