What happens when your dad drives your truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Done the samething to mine but I also but a big dent in the cab also! I was pulling a load of cows up a hill during the winter in the snow and started slidding backwards and jack knife the trailer made for a bad day!

Well, the bright side is there's no body damage!

Pricefarm, yeah, that would make for a bad day, I knew a guy who had that happen and it made it his last day

How do you manage not to cave in the side of the cab? You can always pinpoint the bad haulers by the dents in the cab and box.

Nesikep":21whk9jf said:

Pricefarm, yeah, that would make for a bad day, I knew a guy who had that happen and it made it his last day

The really bright side is that your dad is still around to do stuff like that. :nod:

John SD":2ryjkabw said:
Nesikep":2ryjkabw said:

The really bright side is that your dad is still around to do stuff like that. :nod:
Sure 'nuff..

Calhoun Farm":1khron5y said:

Let dad back my truck up after loading calves and cut our gooseneck to sharp. Busted window :shock:
Can't see how a gooseneck could have gotten to the back glass without creasing the cab

Our cattle trailer has a deck over for a place to sleep, the corner is what busted the window out. Had I not yelled he would have kept going and caught the cab.

I've never had a problem with ours, he's used to a longbed truck and forgot mine was a shortbed. On his truck he can jack knife it and it won't touch the cab.

I could have the dent pulled for you in an hour, and that's with a skim of bondo back over it... The PITA is the painting and getting it blended in. If you'd pinstripe the cab, you could paint from the top of the pillar down to the pinstripe and probably get away with it, otherwise you'd have to go down to the bottom to not get paint lines... Pulling the dent is the easy part for sure