What happened Macon ???????

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
The board has been down for the last 6 hours..

Yes I know,, I have no life.. :help:

To tell all the truth between my skin disorder and my severe allergies brought on this time of year by everyone harvesting (which I am grateful the crops are coming off as my little affliction is a small price to pay) I cannot spend much time outside right now without killing myself ..So yes, I do spend wayyyy to much time on here.. :lol2:

I'm glad it is back, and all has been worked out.. :)

I've been going bonkers, I'ts been raining since 2 pm. Had 2.25 inches by 3:30 and I couldn't tell anybody.

YEA HAW!!! Boy is it raining. Hasn't rained like this since March of 2007.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Hillsdown. I have been catching myself on here all the time lately. I think my problem is "cow withdrawal", as our cattle were shipped out to a friend's farm for breeding. We used to at least have a horse and a steer here, but this year the pasture was vacant and it was just......weird.

Congrats on the rain, vett. Hope it can still do you some good.

Congrats pn the rain Vett I sure am glad you are finally getting some. Cheers have a shot on me .. :tiphat:

Glad that you all are all back :)

I tried to post on here a few minutes ago- but I guess it disappeared into cyberspace...
I can't get on to ranchers.net either-- so Macon must have trouble with his whole site..
Computer Gremlins :???: :nod:

I can get on here finally, still can't get Ranchers to come up. Our whole internet connection(Xplornet satellite system) went down here through the day. Came in for lunch and thought I'd get an update, had to wait til tonite. What will I ever do if I don't have the web? Pathetic I am. :lol2:

1982vett":1263a7y7 said:
I've been going bonkers, I'ts been raining since 2 pm. Had 2.25 inches by 3:30 and I couldn't tell anybody.

Congratulations!

I think we will all be happy when that dark red in your avatar turns to green!

As folks have pointed out here how demoralizing a drought can be, I think the inverse is also true...rain can bring true joy!

We're happy for you and others in that dry area.

Jim

We had a little server problem... me. :(

I was working on some files as 'root' and managed to change the ownership of all files and directories on the server. Bonehead mistake. Nothing worked. And this server has cattletoday, ranchers.net, agads.net, ranchlinks.com and a couple of other sites on it. The guys in Dallas where the server is located and in NJ where the Server Management company is and I spent several hours getting everything back up. It still is only about half working.

If we can't get it fixed this morning we may decide to re-install the server software and restore the backup for the sites. If the restore doesn't work everything is lost forever. :shock:

phew! thought it was my computer again, as the whole internet has been down for a few days, had horrid thoughts of sending for the tech man to come back. Oh! no pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee don't loose us forever!!!! :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
So glad you have had some rain Vet hope all who needs it gets it soon.
RAINY_1.gif

M Gravlee":3s1x8zbf said:
We had a little server problem... me. :(

I was working on some files as 'root' and managed to change the ownership of all files and directories on the server. Bonehead mistake. Nothing worked.

A long time ago, I did

find . -name "*.htm" -exec rm -r {} \;

from / rather than the subdirectory I thought I was in. I can empathize.

1982vett":3e5swild said:

Glad you guys are getting rain...I know my sister who is in the Austin area says it has really been dry.... :(

Long range winter forecast says that with the strong El Nino affect the whole of Texas and much of the southern 1/3 of the country has a better than normal chance for more moisture than normal this fall and winter.... :D

Yep, many parts of Texas need rain. 4th day in a row for us. Looks like a good portion has gotten some in the last several weeks. It might stand to reason. I've wasted so much seed and fertilizer the past two years that this fall I have been reluctant to plow anything that remotely stood a chance of growing anything with the little showers. It might turn out to be a mistake now as nothing is ready to plant winter pasture. But it is only mid-September. Still plenty of time unless it stays wet from here on out like it used to.

Latest posts