What happend to Vicky the vet

Help Support CattleToday:

lilmac

Reaction score
I miss her post, and her wisdom. Reading her last post a year and a half ago she said "with that Im done" I gues she ment it. From the context of the post it would seem that somn might have ran her off, I hope that is not the case. I would think she would have thicker skin than that and just concider the sorce.
Anyway if you are still out there please come back, it is refreshing to have someone with your know how of cattle, I don't think that I am alone.
Mac

I have been wondering that, as well, for a loooong time.

I too miss her contributions to the board.

Milkmaid had tried to contact her quite some time ago, but hadn't heard from her at that time.

I know she was getting tired of being 'hammered' by posters. Wherever she is, I hope she is doing well.

Katherine

I was talking to my vet about that quite some time ago and he suggested there might be some liability issues with her being an actual vet and all .. Like it says on here consult a vet if you have health questions..

I doubt that she was hindered by anyone in particulars postings because her being a practicing vet I am sure she has dealt with some in person SOB's as there are tons of them out there..

More than likely she received tons of PM's from people seeking medical advice and it became too much.

I used to have a link to her web site but can't find it anymore. I too wish her and her family all the best ... :wave:

In her posts she she always said "consult with your local vet" and gave the best advice she could on the particular problem, but you may be right. Mac

That was the last time she has logged on according to Macon. And yes, it was somn that was always denigrating her as a vet.

I'd be willing to bet there are other vets on here that are "incognito". Who could blame them? You would either be attacked or asked for tons of free advice. Either way it would get to be a real drag.

redcowsrule33":1k61x2go said:
I'd be willing to bet there are other vets on here that are "incognito". Who could blame them? You would either be attacked or asked for tons of free advice. Either way it would get to be a real drag.
That makes me wonder if she came back under a different name, hiding the fact that she is a vet. Now I'm on the look out. :)

I miss her too. Not just her knowledge on cattle, but the info she shared helping me to figure on building a log home.
Sure hope that trouble maker that ran her off is gone too.

I luv herfrds":3f9ihkxd said:
I miss her too. Not just her knowledge on cattle, but the info she shared helping me to figure on building a log home.
Sure hope that trouble maker that ran her off is gone too.

He's been gone for a copule of months and I think his allias charcter is gone now too.

hillsdown":j4cfbdqx said:
I was talking to my vet about that quite some time ago and he suggested there might be some liability issues with her being an actual vet and all .. Like it says on here consult a vet if you have health questions.. :

Exactly, I think she covered herself adequately legally; but if she got even ONE PM like "your advice was wrong and my cow died and I am suing you" is it really worth it??? Her attorney and her insurance would get her out of it; but at what cost??? I owe (at the moment) ~$3350 in legal fees to a couple of firms and I have NEVER actually been to court on anything. That is just contracts, consulting, negotiations, and filing court papers and motions. I try to lawyer up early so I don't have to later. A three day trial could cost $15,000 easily including prep. Vicki was a good resource to have, but if her attorney or her insurer felt she was putting herself a little too far out there, she had to shut it down.

redcowsrule33":mtmqde1z said:
I'd be willing to bet there are other vets on here that are "incognito".

At least one that reads this forum when he has the time. He says he doesn't post.

If any of them google, they'll get hits sending them here.

Latest posts