What for Christmas dinner?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Just my wife and I at home this year, so I'll put a roast in the smoker and let it go low and slow to medium rare. Then on the meat slicer and toast some ciabatta bread. Enjoy some French dips and/or Philly cheese steak sandwiches through the day. Sit in the recliner until I'm sick of sandwiches and football. I know, healthy day planned. :lol:

What's on your plate tomorrow?

Merry Christmas,
Alan

By request from the kids and grand kids my version of chicken spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. We are celebrating in a couple of hours.

Our traditional Christmas supper is Prime Rib with all the fixin's! I will start preparing it tonight and put it in the oven tomorrow afternoon!!

USA raised prime rib at $10 dollars a pound from Harvey's because we're special cattlemen. Harvey's also has Mexican standing rib roast on sale for $4.88 a pound. The Mexicans are slaughtering US.

Most everybody loves beef. Some can't afford prime so they buy the $4.88 meat and don't give a rip where it was raised. Good deal for everybody.

True Grit Farms":2yqzxno0 said:
USA raised prime rib at $10 dollars a pound from Harvey's because we're special cattlemen. Harvey's also has Mexican standing rib roast on sale for $4.88 a pound. The Mexicans are slaughtering US.
I was in Harvey's a few hours ago and didn't see any $10 lb prime rib or anything else prime. I did see the $4.88/lb ribeyes and they had about as much marbling as sirloin. Select grade ribeyes aren't anything new.

ga.prime":2jpg72gy said:
True Grit Farms":2jpg72gy said:
I was in Harvey's a few hours ago and didn't see any $10 lb prime rib or anything else prime. I did see the $4.88/lb ribeyes and they had about as much marbling as sirloin. Select grade ribeyes aren't anything new, that's all they ever have at Harvey's.

ga.prime":3gx05lq2 said:
True Grit Farms":3gx05lq2 said:
I was in Harvey's a few hours ago and didn't see any $10 lb prime rib or anything else prime. I did see the $4.88/lb ribeyes and they had about as much marbling as sirloin. Select grade ribeyes aren't anything new.

We are eating prime rib for dinner. The USA standing rib roast was choice and over $12. a pound list. Evan supposedly gave my wife a deal for $10. Ask for Evan he's the meat manger he'll cut whatever you want.

We had a formal family Christmas dinner two weeks ago. Even though it was early it was Christmas to us and it was the 1st Christmas with all my siblings and Mom together since 1977.

Prime Rib (choice but turned out excellent), Lasagne, Mashed sweet potatoes with pecans, Green beans with almonds and cranberries. Chocolate mousse and assorted pastries for dessert.

Making another lasagne for just the two of us tonight.

Merry Christmas everyone!! :santa: :drink: :santa:

Caustic Burno":2lcb3pkl said:
Hospital food Mrs went in for heart attack all started over abscess tooth.

Not the way to spend Xmas CB, prayers going your way also.

Oh no CB, prayers for your wife and hopes that they can get her back up and going quickly. The abscess tooth is a real b****, I am so sorry for you both. Put everything in the freezer and save it for a late January "Christmas" in the doldrums of winter dinner.

Caustic Burno":o5zm3853 said:
Hospital food Mrs went in for heart attack all started over abscess tooth.

Oh dear! :shock: :( I hope everything goes well and she comes home soon.

I have often heard that bad teeth (infected etc) can cause issues with heart and/or kidneys. I guess it really is true.

Prayers for Mrs. CB.

Latest posts