What foods are you looking forward to on Thanksgiving ?

Help Support CattleToday:

jd720

Reaction score
Since the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up soon I thought since we have people from all different parts of the country maybe we could share what dish we are most looking forward to that we usually have on this holiday. I`m sure some things are regional so it should be interesting. My favorites that we only do at Thanksgiving are the oyster dressing and we brine a turkey and smoke it.

Broccoli and rice casserole
Why it's only cooked on holidays is a mystery to me.
They have learned to double up cause I'm going to wipe it out

Cross-7":1641bpl3 said:
Broccoli and rice casserole
Why it's only cooked on holidays is a mystery to me.
They have learned to double up cause I'm going to wipe it out

My wife has this request all the time and anytime we have to take a dish somewhere she makes it. Every now and then she makes one at home just fir us. We also eat dressing at Christmas and Easter

Carmel pie, cornbread dressing, and some kind of macaroni and cheese mamaw makes in a crock pot.

cornbread dressing--strawberry rhubarb pie and some kind of sweet potato/pecan casserole that melts in your mouth.
(we have the brocolli/rice dish about once/month so it's not special here)
And of course, The Bird.

The wife has to work on Thanksgiving and won't be home until almost 7:00 so I am cooking. It won't be anything special at my house unless she makes a pie before going to work.

When I was in high school we were remodeling the house so money was a little tight. My brother and I shot a couple of pheasants in a near by hay field and that was our Bird for Thanksgiving.

Rafter S":qhovsqe5 said:
We had our Thanksgiving lunch at work today, with fried turkeys. That's so much better than baking them.
I like fried turkeys better than roasted too, except the leftovers. Fried turkey leftovers, especially if they are frozen, don't make as good sandwiches or turkey and dumplings as the roasted turkey does--to me anyway.

Latest posts