What Feed For Old Cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

tryinhard":31xfxrrx said:
Didn't u just post about having an old {Grandma cow} which u should cull, but you just can't because of sentimental connection. Where is the crock now?????? What is it she has the sexiest eyes you have ever seen, or can you just not let someone else have feelings for thier own animals, AND, or FAMILY. Everyone is entitled to thier own thoughts, and feelings, regardless of {If you think its a crock, to compare, whatever to whatever.} Mr.Crock!

Be careful jumping on Caustic. One of his favorite sayings is not to corner anythng meaner than you. He's raised more cattle than most of use will in a lifetime. He just says things the way he thinks, he don't sugar coat anything. He's been around cattle quite some time. Don't tell anyone I told you but its a rumor that his birth certificate is on a clay tablet. I also heard his social security number is in the single digits. :lol: All joking aside he is one of the sharpest cattlemen on this board.

tryinhard":1oycvk91 said:
Didn't u just post about having an old {Grandma cow} which u should cull, but you just can't because of sentimental connection. Where is the crock now?????? What is it she has the sexiest eyes you have ever seen, or can you just not let someone else have feelings for thier own animals, AND, or FAMILY. Everyone is entitled to thier own thoughts, and feelings, regardless of {If you think its a crock, to compare, whatever to whatever.} Mr.Crock!

Boy you better saddle another stick horse as I have never suggested anyone keep an old cull cow. If you are going to quote me get it right. Heck if you ain't man enough to haul her or shoot her bring her by I will put the old cull out of her misery and feed them black buzzards. Ilike shootin black buzzards.

Caustic Burno":1akza9hy said:
Boy you better saddle another stick horse as I have never suggested anyone keep an old cull cow.
Hey Caustic, you make it sound like you don't ever keep an old brokemouth cull female around. Tell everybody about that blow-up doll you've been patching on for 15 years.

Texan":2wh5k4va said:
Your silence is indicative of an old man being out of breath.....

I never had to patch that doll until after you borrowed it. And yes I am out of breath had to patch on the old girl. We are just going to have to quit sharing if you can not perform the routine maintainece before you ship her back.

Caustic Burno":99bnw59o said:
Texan":99bnw59o said:

I never had to patch that doll until after you borrowed it. And yes I am out of breath had to patch on the old girl. We are just going to have to quit sharing if you can not perform the routine maintainece before you ship her back.
Yall might want to have her filled with that green Tire Slime. Heard it works wonders. :shock:

Crowderfarms":3d9bq8lx said:
Caustic Burno":3d9bq8lx said:
Texan":3d9bq8lx said:

Yall might want to have her filled with that green Tire Slime. Heard it works wonders. :shock:

Not by Texan the tightwad that boy is tighter than a crabs but and that is waterproof.

Caustic Burno":2skf29tg said:
I never had to patch that doll until after you borrowed it.
:oops: Yeah, I guess that was my fault. I figured since she'd been with you I'd better give her a shot of LA200 and Penicillin both. Must have used too long a needle?

:( Dad just buried his hereford bull last spring. The old guy was 20 and died in his sleep. He kept saying, i need to sell
ole Jim, but he never did. Now when my bull started to get some age on him and was getting stiff in his hips, he was the first to offer to haul him to town. :x I had raised this bull
from an orphan calf, and really hated to do it, but we did
'get him a one way ticket' to the sale barn. The we bought a
young reg. hereford bull. I myself have 3 cows planted
in my pasture. :roll: There are some that you just can not let go:::::::::::::::::::::

MoGal":2zoopr6v said:
ground corn or a pelleted type feed would be my suggestion.

The ground corn is almost like a powder, doesn't require chewing.

I like the ground corn idea. Just watch for upper respitory problems.

The pelleted feed may not be all that good of an idea. Those pellets will expand with moisture. A broken mouthed cow will most likely waller them around till the pellets are soft enough to swollow. But, a guy came in the elevator the other day crying the blues cause he lost a heiler that was eating soy pellets out of the creep. Vet told him she suffocated. Pellets swelled up in her airway and she couldn't do anything about it.
Just something to think about.

Crowderfarms":rmszgh5h said:
Caustic Burno":rmszgh5h said:
Texan":rmszgh5h said:

Crowder, that stuff up here is pink. Might work better with them pink chinks that Texan has.
Rumor has it, Texan hired ollie' to custom sew him some holiday clothes. Wonder how that is going???

As for A6gal...If you'd have shipped her at this point like you should have...

A6gal":rmszgh5h said:
she back me up against a fence post looked me right between the eyes her face just a couple of inches from mine

You wouldn't be wondering what to feed a brokemouth cow that could kill you.

Muratic":3cg4u18w said:
Rumor has it, Texan hired ollie' to custom sew him some holiday clothes. Wonder how that is going???
Thanks for your interest, Muratic. It's not going very well, I'm afraid. I don't know much about sewing. For sure, not as much as ollie does. But I do know that it shouldn't be necessary for ollie to insist on measuring my inseam over and over and over again. :x

Texan":7tkaq8ca said:
Muratic":7tkaq8ca said:
Thanks for your interest, Muratic. It's not going very well, I'm afraid. I don't know much about sewing. For sure, not as much as ollie does. But I do know that it shouldn't be necessary for ollie to insist on measuring my inseam over and over and over again. :x
Nice try Texan but everyone knows you don't measure for an inseam when sewing someone a skirt!

ollie'":3o1i6ndc said:
Texan":3o1i6ndc said:
Muratic":3o1i6ndc said:
Nice try Texan but everyone knows you don't measure for an inseam when sewing someone a skirt!

And not a whole lot of material for them little french maid skirts huh Ollie. ;-)

Latest posts