What does your wife drive?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher":20nvs7lb said:
LongLopeSlowHorse":20nvs7lb said:
Mercedes SL.
But she can drive anything we own.

Not that good of a dozer operator, tho.....sometimes I think she 'girls up' on purpose.....

What year model is the dozer er SL?

D7 mod 7m is early 40's. 74 450 sl 84 380 sl. sorry--didn't see this.

2016 Nissan Frontier crewcab 4x4. We are late 40's with kids graduated and 1 in College and 1 in the Army. So we don't really have the family car thing going on now. We like it because its 4x4(for me) and easy entry(for her). Pretty nice vehicle and when I gt my F250 paid off/made dedicated farm truck, I will be looking at a Nissan for my daily driver

My Husband drives a 3500 diesel Chevy, and his wife drives a 1996 Red Toyota Tacoma 4 X 4. The husband often tells his wife that her truck doesn't have enough lead in the a$$. The wife does not care that he makes fun of her truck because it is a 4 cylinder, and it has never had a mechanical failure other than needing a set of brakes. It gets her everywhere she has wanted to go and will probably be the oldest Toyota on the road as long as it keeps running.

She drives a 2015 BMW X5 which is great for her because she teaches on Lookout Mountain and has to drive up and down the mountain every day, often in rain, fog or slick conditions. The tires are wider on the rear than on the front and holds the road like a sports car. Fun to drive with great pep. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to spin a tire or two.

Supposedly it will tow up to 5950 lbs but I wouldn't hitch anything to it.

TCRanch":33jb702z said:
My 1st car was a '71 Monte Carlo with a 454 turbo engine - I thought it was a little to "masculine" but my dad insisted it was the perfect car.
Turbo?
Turbo Fire and Turbo Jet were just names GM used on their family of engines (Chevy, Olds, Pontiac) going all the way back to the 283 days. There was even a 'Turbo Thrift' name plate for GM's 145hp 250.
DC580_big.jpg

DC221.jpg

A6394-260x235w.jpg

None of those actually came from factory with turbo charger option that I recall.
Yours looked like this: (The open inlet air horn on the air filter housing is a dead giveaway there is no turbocharger)

Chuckie":6uu5plmr said:
I always wanted to drive a tractor trailer over Lookout Mountain, but I always drove between Nashville and Memphis and Northwest Tennessee. Flat land.
Chuckie my nephew traded off his 2005 Toyota Tacoma two weeks ago. Had 435,000 miles on it. Moved up to a 2013 used one.

TexasBred, Those little rice burners hold up like nothing else I have seen. It seems odd to see the newer models coming out in full size. Here is something that get me, when I see ISIS riding all over the desert with machine guns mounted in the back end of their 4 cylinder trucks, they are always Toyota's. I know my truck is thankful that it was sent over here.

TexasBred, I meant to tell you that my Toyota has only 120,000 miles on it so I think it will last a long time. That is good to hear that they keep on, keeping on at 435,000 miles.

Latest posts