What do You Wear...

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
While Doing cow chores? [cold weather clothes]
Joe's key thread got me curious on how Y'all keep warm.

For Me starting at the feet.
Wool socks.
Thinsulate removable pack linings.
Rubber bottom leather boots.

Bottom layers.
Thin stretchy long johns.
Army jogging bottoms.
Blue jeans.

Long sleeve T shirt, same stuff as the stretchy long johns.
Long sleeve insulated underwear.
Another long sleave underwear layer.
A heavy pull over Carhart hoodie
Carhratt coat

Head
pull over type ski mask.
Wool thinsulate cap, with ear flaps with val crow [sp] fastened under the chin.

In the real cold stuff a XXL Carhartt insulated coverall over the top.

I got to be real careful so's not to get overheated. :nod: :cowboy:

Doesn't get that cold here. Dad wore insulated coveralls. I have been known to wear an old pair of ski pants and a heavy jacket with a stocking cap and rubber boots.

T shirt
fleece pull over
thinsulate wool socks
sweats
sometimes LU under sweat pants (hate wearing jeans when it is really cold)
insulated coveralls, Halley Hansons are the best very warm ,pricey but worth it
winter boots good for -68
neck guard
toque sometimes full face and then another one over it...
really good gortex gloves (at least 4 different pairs at a time to switch out when needed)

I have some new heat packs to put in my boots and gloves that I have yet to try..

Ryder":1tj4a7a3 said:
If mnmtr ever falls down he would have to wait to be rescued. No way could he get back up.
You too hd.

That's exactly right, I lay there until BL rescues me. Looks something like this. :oops:
funnysanta.gif

the blizzard of 93 from birmingham north kinda helped me learn how too dress for the cold.. that morning i put on my usual winter attire, warmed the truck up. got in got too the gate.put my hand on the gate and said,,,, son of a bIt$# :help: .. in all my years i never felt cold like that. it cut through my clothes like a razor, and went strait to the bone. went back home and regrouped..

At the moment? Pair of PT shorts, t-shirt, crocs in summer. Jeans, t-shirt, muck boots in winter, if its really cold I might put on a overall jacket.

longhandles
jeans
hooded sweatshirt
carhardt coat
ankle socks
600 gram thinsulate/gore-tex laceup boots (wear them year 'round)
stocking hat
insul leather gloves (keep two pair - one on my hands and other on the dashboard defrost vent in case i need a quick warm-up)

if temps or windchill is below zero i also wear insulated bibs.

ROB

Today, jeans and a sweatshirt but it is unseasonably warm and dry.
Normally a Forks tuxedo ( so named for a little town out on the coast just north of the Ho rain forest)
Xtra Tuf 16 inch top rubber boot
wool socks
Carhart blue jeans
a sweat shirt
bib rain pants
rain coat
A Filson packers hat or on real nasty days a souwester hat (like fishermen wear)
rubber coated thermal gloves

here in texas it dont get as bad as up north.but on our cold days 20 an below.i wear a shortsleeve tee.then my jeans reg socks.an over all that insulated coveralls.an my rubber boots an gloves for as long as i can stand them.

Big Bull , Knersie ,,,,,,,if those are your winter clothes , what do you do for summer ??????

Run around Nekid.. :lol2: :banana:

hillsdown":2a6yzzwx said:
Big Bull , Knersie ,,,,,,,if those are your winter clothes , what do you do for summer ??????

Run around Nekid.. :lol2: :banana:

That depends on who the motivator is.... ;-)

KNERSIE, sure wish we could change temps for a while. Rob, YOU the man! wear those insulated boots year around. 8)

wool socks, steel toed boots, sweatpants, carhartt overalls, thermal shirt, t shirt, sweatshirt, carhartt jacket, scarf, hat, two pairs of gloves! When I get done and its laundry day my clothes fill the washing machine to the top!

LoveMoo11":3pf9i3ic said:
wool socks, steel toed boots, sweatpants, carhartt overalls, thermal shirt, t shirt, sweatshirt, carhartt jacket, scarf, hat, two pairs of gloves! When I get done and its laundry day my clothes fill the washing machine to the top!

I was just thinking the same thing about doing laundry. I'm glad we don't have to wear all those clothes or do all that laundry. I keep a light jacket with me all the time then I might layer with an old coat I use to collect dust in the truck. Cotton socks and the same boots I wear in summer. But if I lived up north, I'd hope and pray I didn't fall down.

hubby
two pairs of socks, one cotton one wool
long johns
sweats
two shirts, one turtleneck one fleece
quilted jacket
tough duck overalls and tough duck parka with hood
wool tube scarf with chest guard thing
toque
insluated leather mitts
and winter boots for -65
he is on an open tractor

me not so much two pairs of socks
sweats and long johns
t shirt and fleece shirt
tough duck parka
head band
tube scarf
insulated leather work gloves
insulated dairies

Carhartt insulated bibs.
Carhartt jacket.
Thinsulate gloves.
Redwing leather boots (year round).
Tingley rubber boots (hate em).
Seed corn cap .

Below 0 I add long underwear. I rarely get cold but, if I ever get chilled I'm cold the rest of the day .

Larry

I wear jeans and a t-shirt year-round, in the winter a button down shirt over top.

Below 30 or so and I wear a pair of insulated bibs and a carhartt coat with a baseball cap. Used to like coveralls but kept getting hot from in/out of the truck/tractor. Also depends on what you're doing, was in the barn pulling a calf the other night and got hot, stripped down to the t-shirt. Walked 100 yards or so back to the house for something (was 30F) and didn't get cold at all, normally I'd freeze my ass off.

Try and save the grass skirt for special occasions.

Latest posts