what do you think....

Help Support CattleToday:

Well I think the decision to release him was wrong, if he was sentenced to life in prison thus it should have been life in prison.

You have to wonder what motivated this killer's release. If he is dying from cancer, as asserted, I would have offered him a healthy dose of morphine or anything else to end his suffering.
Some paranoid folks say the Scots are currying favor with oil rich Libya. I hope that is wrong. Maybe the judge was just a sensitive jurist. We have them here as well. :mad:
The insensitivity to the victims families was staggering.

My thoughts are if he would have the right sentence at first They would'nt be having this ordeal now.

Cal

I'm reading some stuff that claims he was released for oil :???:

I find it interesting that 32% was in favor of his release. I just lost some respect for those folks.

Walt

Jogeephus":306xptaw said:
Do you think he would have been released if one of the royal family was on board?
I wonder that myself....I have no respect for the Scottish MP's that gave the orders to release him. Our London based Parliament advised against it. but apparently it is Scottish Law to release a prisoner on compassionate grounds, BUT sorry did he show compassion for all those people on board that plane NO, in my eyes it should be a tooth for a tooth and all that, he should have swung for it a long time ago. and to ask the Libyan Government to not show a welcome home was just down right stupid, of course they would to them he is a hero, not a scum bag. I know it's to late now but it seems the person who authorised his release is now regretting his decision. Well a case of after the Horse. I feel he should be kicked out of Office.

Calman":18r974gf said:
My thoughts are if he would have the right sentence at first They would'nt be having this ordeal now.

Cal

If he'd been in prison around here, I feel like he would probably have tried to escape...the 2nd shot is the warning shot. :cowboy:

Lockerbie Bomber Release Tied to Oil Deal

Britain agreed to include Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al-Megrahi in a prisoner transfer deal with Libya because of "overwhelming interests" shortly before an oil deal was sealed with Tripoli, a newspaper reported on Sunday.

The Sunday Times said leaked letters from Justice Secretary Jack Straw undermined government denials of a link between the former Libyan agent's freedom and British trade interests.

Megrahi, 57, was released from jail on August 20 after Scottish authorities said his terminal cancer gave compassionate grounds for him to return home to die.

The release of the only person convicted of the 1988 bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over the Scottish town of Lockerbie that killed 270 people, and his rapturous reception in Tripoli, has angered the United States government, which lost 189 citizens.

The Sunday Times said two letters from Straw, dated five months apart, showed he reversed an original plan to exclude Megrahi from a prisoner transfer agreement that was being discussed with Libya.

The paper said the change of heart appeared to be linked to a stalled $900 million oil and gas exploration deal with Libya for British oil giant BP that was ratified a few weeks later.

BP has always denied any link between the deal and the prisoner agreement.

TexasBred":3sk3duso said:
Calman":3sk3duso said:

Cal

If he'd been in prison around here, I feel like he would probably have tried to escape...the 2nd shot is the warning shot. :cowboy:

GOD BLESS TEXAS :tiphat:

Latest posts