What do you think

Help Support CattleToday:

Dixieangus

Reaction score
i am going to buy two cow/calf pairs i was going to buy a good mixed breed like black baldy,`redneck`{solid red with with white head beatiful cattle},or a black... Im going to breed them to a black angus bull so wich one do you think

The red one will be bought cheaper and when bred to the black bull, a good chance the calves will be black also. Red one will make just as good of a cow as the black one. :nod:

1982vett":1ab7pp66 said:
The red one will be bought cheaper and when bred to the black bull, a good chance the calves will be black also. Red one will make just as good of a cow as the black one. :nod:

Any color hide will be fine as long as it's stretched over a good cow. Look for solid conformation and easy keeping. We have some commercial cattle and breed to Angus bulls. We get almost all black calves with a smokey gray once or twice a year. (Just the beef girls, the LH's are less consistent in throwing black.)
One of my favorites is a red white faced. She goes unnoticed a lot of the time, but she's always in good condition, one of the first to get bred/calve every year, and neither runs away from you in a panic nor makes me afraid she'll knock me down when they get hay or pellets. Same goes for one of the tiger-striped cows. They're great cows because they are reliable and never any trouble, nothing to do with hair color. Happy hunting!