What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
tn_0181.JPG
2 1/2 month old heifer

KNERSIE":1neqwu4y said:
I think that anyone that comments on this photo is guessing as much as seeing.
What they are seeing is a 2 1/2 Month old calf! Two and one/half months old! That is all! (But a pretty darned good looking 2 1/2 month old calf!) Wait until weaning and then make a decision. :|

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":1unorp8r said:
KNERSIE":1unorp8r said:
I think that anyone that comments on this photo is guessing as much as seeing.
What they are seeing is a 2 1/2 Month old calf! Two and one/half months old! That is all! (But a pretty darned good looking 2 1/2 month old calf!) Wait until weaning and then make a decision. :|

DOC HARRIS

As a fellow newcomer I also have been concerned about deciding which heifers to keep. I made some preliminary decisions at weaning time Nov 1.

However now about 4 months later I see the heifers developing differently now that they are off momma's milk, on hay and mineral on their own and just getting more mature. I'm going to wait until breeding time to make a final decision.

At 2-1/2 months you can't tell much of anything other than that is a nice looking 2-1/2 month old calf.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to get better pictures soon. I am working full time plus seeking my masters in education, plus have a husband and 2 kids so my picture taking time isn't at the most opportune time! Plus, she is a little stinker and won't stand still long enough!

Latest posts