What do you think

Help Support CattleToday:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
thesaddleshop_2041_52829608

good luck

Like the fact that the rigging seems to not end up under the stirrup fender. Seat looks a little deep with a real high cantel and swells, might be a little on the dangerous side on some green horses cause I think you would end up getting locked in that saddle as deep as the seat is. Of course that is just my opinion, I like a more shallow seated saddle, it allows you to change stirrup length as needed and allows you to get up and out of the saddle when speed is needed. But looks like real nice craftmanship on that piece.

hayray":3qc39zar said:
Like the fact that the rigging seems to not end up under the stirrup fender. Seat looks a little deep with a real high cantel and swells, might be a little on the dangerous side on some green horses cause I think you would end up getting locked in that saddle as deep as the seat is. Of course that is just my opinion, I like a more shallow seated saddle, it allows you to change stirrup length as needed and allows you to get up and out of the saddle when speed is needed. But looks like real nice craftmanship on that piece.
I like the in skirt rigging went to that about 20 yrs ago I also like a high back mine is a lil higher than that one and I have never had a problem getting out of it on colts and I also ride a A fork with bucking rolls so I don't see how the swells on that saddle would be a problem, the big swells will hold (trap) you in a saddle long before the cantle
Looks like a good saddle who makes it ?

MistyMorning":1vtujl1v said:
HAY MAKER":1vtujl1v said:
thesaddleshop_2041_52829608

good luck

What do I think? Holy cow, that is beautiful!

So what's the story behind it HAY MAKER? You buyin, selling or just looking?

I was buyin,found a saddle I liked in San Angelo,so I bought it,here it is......
IMG_1562.JPG

good luck

PS I have a saddle similar to the hi cantle,so settled for this "Versatility"

Angus Cowman":10dntxyx said:
hayray":10dntxyx said:
I like the in skirt rigging went to that about 20 yrs ago I also like a high back mine is a lil higher than that one and I have never had a problem getting out of it on colts and I also ride a A fork with bucking rolls so I don't see how the swells on that saddle would be a problem, the big swells will hold (trap) you in a saddle long before the cantle
Looks like a good saddle who makes it
?

Billy Cook in Oklahoma.................good luck

hayray":29nk8ovh said:

Yup,guess we all have an opinion,thats what makes a horse race,I like a deep seat hi cantled saddle when I ride green horses,with a strong nite latch...........safest place is in the saddle ;-)

good luck

yup, that is a good point, depends on weather you want to take your chances and ride it out or if ya want to get out of there before things can get worse. I guess ya can tell that I am the type that wants to not get locked in. That picture of the second saddle looks a lot more of my type, that one looks like a more of a working saddle to me but I really don't do much cattle work with any of my horses, only in rare situations and used to make most of my money training so my saddles are a lot different than yours.

Latest posts