What do you think

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave from MN

Reaction score
Black bull is Normande/Angus cross. He is for sale.
DSC01145.JPG

Here is a pick of Daisy. Shorthorn/Red Angus cross
DSC01169.JPG

My one and only pure bred Black Simmental. Alot of good genetic in her.
DSC01187.JPG

This heifer has a Red Angus dad, and her ma is a gold and brown smaller framed cow. Where the black comes from I dont know.
DSC01149.JPG

This gal is Red Angus cross with a yellow cow, I am guessing her ma is Simmental/charlias cross
DSC01180.JPG

Another Red heifer getting a little stretch
DSC01147.JPG

Group shot
DSC01146.JPG

Red bull cant decide to steer him or try to sell as a bull
DSC01175.JPG

My gentlest cow, Shorty. She is pregnant(I hope) with her 3rd calf.
DSC01188.JPG

I'd steer both bulls. Look like functional cattle that are well taken care (nice straw).

iowahawkeyes":1m9onl83 said:
I'd steer both bulls. Look like functional cattle that are well taken care (nice straw).

Looking good!! I like that Daisy! What's that white stuff on the ground?

Your cattle look healthy and well cared for, they are lucky to have the bedding. The red bull calf isn't herd sire material, IMHO, steer him. Shorty looks pregnant to me. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Baldie Maker":1vb5kcp0 said:
nice cattle! why normande?

I bought the Normade cow already bred. I wish I had bought more. The Normade crosses seem to be the toughest, longest, and best gainers of my bunch. I want to get a couple more Norrmande and try some cross with shorthorn. Hard to find shorthorn and Normande breeders around here.

Text from Oklahoma dept of animal science.
Because of the breed's high muscle mass to bone ratio and their small heads, the Normande has a high percentage yield at slaughter. The carcass is very lean but marbles readily and purebred Normande steers will easily grade choice at 1,250 lbs. The Normande breed won't produce bulging rear quarters of cheap ground round but will increase the length and width of the top priced loin area cuts. In the 1990 and 1991 Montana 4-H Steer of Merit Carcass Contests, three 7/8 Normande steers placed in the top 10 out of the 1,000 steers entered annually including crossbreds. A 1991 Normande steer had a 16.2 in. rib eye, a 0.15 in. backfat, and a yield grade of 0.99! Feedlots in the U.S. and South America have proved that Normande cross steers and heifers will grade and yield with the best while maintaining moderate carcass size.

Decent looking set of commercial cattle; they have the potential to be good moneymakers. Management appears excellent.

MO_cows: I'm amazed at your photographic palpation skills. May I take photos of all my cows and send them to you for pregnacy evaluation?

*Cowgirl*":292jwbkv said:
Decent looking set of commercial cattle; they have the potential to be good moneymakers. Management appears excellent.

MO_cows: I'm amazed at your photographic palpation skills. May I take photos of all my cows and send them to you for pregnacy evaluation?

No, you may not.

The topic is titled,"WHAT DO YOU THINK". And based on that picture, I THINK the cow looks pregnant.

Meow!!

Latest posts