what do you think

Help Support CattleToday:

arkbeef

Reaction score
aint have no luck getting a picture here. but I posted one in the photo gallery on the 21st under money farms, it's a 3year old beefmaster bull that I would like to have some feedback on. thanks

[/img]

money_farms.jpg

It's probably the way he is standing, it makes him look short through the ribs. I like a bull with a little less angle on the sheath and a little deeper in the flank. Looks like he is plenty thick.

novatech":2bv0aunr said:
It's probably the way he is standing, it makes him look short through the ribs. I like a bull with a little less angle on the sheath and a little deeper in the flank. Looks like he is plenty thick.
[/quote]Not a real good picture of him, I will take a couple more and post them. And he is a little shorter than I would like, as far as his sheath goes his is better than a lot I looked at, I will take a picture from behind to show how thick he is across the top and down the back end.

arkbeef":vpjarmjg said:
novatech":vpjarmjg said:
Not a real good picture of him, I will take a couple more and post them. And he is a little shorter than I would like, as far as his sheath goes his is better than a lot I looked at, I will take a picture from behind to show how thick he is across the top and down the back end.[/quote]

Sheath angle is not the end of the world but it is important as you do no want to spend all your money at the vet. Look at he sheath angle on the laseter bulls just posted on another thread, especially #4248. The less angle the better. As far as everythin else goes, look at these same bulls and make your own comparisons. I am defenitly not an expert on beefmasters.

novatech":1nqc857w said:
arkbeef":1nqc857w said:
novatech":1nqc857w said:
Not a real good picture of him, I will take a couple more and post them. And he is a little shorter than I would like, as far as his sheath goes his is better than a lot I looked at, I will take a picture from behind to show how thick he is across the top and down the back end.

I thought that more foward angle was better. not pendulous like a plumb bob. his aint ideal but better than most. but i like the angle to start in front of the testicals and keep going. not under the belly and down especialy for maternal purposes... he is a pretty good bull

ALACOWMAN":15dsa8b7 said:
novatech":15dsa8b7 said:
arkbeef":15dsa8b7 said:
novatech":15dsa8b7 said:
Not a real good picture of him, I will take a couple more and post them. And he is a little shorter than I would like, as far as his sheath goes his is better than a lot I looked at, I will take a picture from behind to show how thick he is across the top and down the back end.

I thought that more foward angle was better. not pendulous like a plumb bob. his aint ideal but better than most. but i like the angle to start in front of the testicals and keep going. not under the belly and down especialy for maternal purposes... he is a pretty good bull

Maybe I said it wrong. But I beleive we are on the same wave length. The lessor angle would bring it higher from the ground. The more angle the closer to the ground. Or just forget the angle, it hangs to low. Secondly it causes the animal to show to much brahman. And even in brahman I try and breed for no more than 45 degrees, or rather a tighter sheath. If you go back and look at that bull I mentioned earlier this tight sheath is much more preferable in my openion.