What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

If someone came to your door and ask if they could repectively look on your land for 20 minutes woul

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'd call the police

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i heard some where about a coop-lock.?...dont know exactly what it is...maybe it has several different locks for the various people that has to get in like the gas man, light man, ect....i dont know but will soon be finding out. it could be an answer to make me rest better when i aint at the farm.

the way a coop lock is done around here is each person who has access to property provides there own lock which is linked to the other locks, letting each lock open the chain.

cherokeeruby":jh7xju5r said:
the way a coop lock is done around here is each person who has access to property provides there own lock which is linked to the other locks, letting each lock open the chain.
We have a deal like that with the power company,but there always seems to be somebody around there who doesn't catch on too quick who puts their lock on wrong and then nobody but them can open the gate. :roll:

Hey shroomhead, you trying to convince us all to to start drinking shroom tea?. Go away dopeheads. Get high on life not drugs. And just so you don't think I'm ignorant, I've boiled up and drank some of those things before. Experience wasn't pleasant.

preston39":hdlm72wb said:
CKC1586":hdlm72wb said:
I have a big problem with trespassers on my land as I am not yet living there. Signs mean nothing to them, ie: No Trespassing. It is a hot spot for morels so this time of year is bad.
==============
ckc,
Just got back from Cadillac ...Manton area...lot of morels...Dr friend of mine lives just outside of Clare....we go up to see them in the spring...he always takes us morel hunting. His mom lives up there..near fife lake. Tresspassers everywhere. :( It seems privacy isn't understood anymore!!!! :roll:

Beautiful country ..that area. I thought WE had a lot of deer...whoa!!!!!!!!
Hey There! Yes Northern Michigan is beautiful and has alot to offer. Problem is some areas are growing too fast. Traverse City used to be a very quaint area, now it is a big city! I currently live at Houghton Lake (wanna buy a house?) but my property where I am building is in Ionia county and the property has been "let go" for many years (I have my hands full in clearing to reclaim the land to get it ready to move my cattle in) and is full of wild life and we get some nice morels. The deer graze in the surrounding corn fields and that is some of the best venison you will taste! Glad you enjoyed your visit to the Water/Winter Wonderland!

ckc,

Houghton lake is a beautiful area. Attended tip up town a few years ago...Roscommon area...both Houghton and Higgins lake is nice. I know a fellow who has been looking for a home in that area ...on the lake.....don't know if he has bought yet or not...he is in Europe right now on a teaching trip...due back in July...will check and let you know...are you located on the water?

cherokeeruby":16k14mmr said:

now that is a good idea... if you can get em all educated on how to properly lock up.. ;-)

jt

While good...that program requires folks to follow procedures...destined to fail...unfortunately...i'm afraid. Must put a beeper on each gate...beeps when opened...shuts off when closed. Hard to leave the gate open with that irritating noise.

preston39":13ouj0en said:
ckc,

Houghton lake is a beautiful area. Attended tip up town a few years ago...Roscommon area...both Houghton and Higgins lake is nice. I know a fellow who has been looking for a home in that area ...on the lake.....don't know if he has bought yet or not...he is in Europe right now on a teaching trip...due back in July...will check and let you know...are you located on the water?
I am on a hill that overlooks the lake, best view around! But within 1/4 mile of access sites. Tip Up Town is a good time but not as much fun as it used to be, it has really changed over the years. They used to have snowmobile drags down on the ice and that was great. They havent had that event for the last several years.