What do you think, our new bull

Help Support CattleToday:

simmental people(well me personally) try to avoid the white because some people associate it with fleckveigh. i like a bald or blaze face, and some white on the feet sometimes helps to add a look of heavier bone, but underneath it just really makes them look flanky and strange.

by the way nice bull. good luck with him. he (based on the myer) should also throw some great maternal abilities into the heifer calves as an added bonus down the road.

i never got a chance to see the bull at the spring fling(bc i was unglueing my heifer) but i really like his base width and hes got plenty of bone.......he seems to be a good bull and i thikn he will get a lot better with time

and i am sure he probably looks better in person

ssimmentals":1deys5g6 said:
simmental people(well me personally) try to avoid the white because some people associate it with fleckveigh. i like a bald or blaze face, and some white on the feet sometimes helps to add a look of heavier bone, but underneath it just really makes them look flanky and strange.

by the way nice bull. good luck with him. he (based on the myer) should also throw some great maternal abilities into the heifer calves as an added bonus down the road.

ssimmentals - just a question - why would white on a simmental be associated with fleckvieh, considering a traditionally coloured simmental also contains white?

As a Simmental breeder, I don't mind the white. We have a cow now that is a spotted gray/brown color. My 9 showed a 4- H steer colored just like her last year and did very well in her classes against the soild colored steers.

I like the bull. I'd show him. Good luck with him.

Even though I don't think the bullcalf is perfect, he is pretty darn good. Excellent masculinity for his age, don't worry about a scrotum on a 8 month old calf, alot will change in the next 4 months. If I have to find fault, I'll say he could have been slightly deeper in the chest, but he is an oustanding prospect at this stage, I'll have to wait and see him at two years of age to say how good a bull he is likely to be.

Latest posts