What do you think of this feed ?

Help Support CattleToday:

It's all by products. Which is all I feed, so I'm not throwing any stones. I don't see the tdn on the label. I pay $170 for a triple third mix, and I can mix ddg with cracked corn cheaper than that. Both seem to make things grow.

I kind of thought it was high
In 2000# super sacks
I'm not in corn country so it's hard to come by
I need a feed to push bigger calves a little after graze is gone and on hay

If your relegated to sacks, and super sacks, then the price isn't too far out of line. I think $280 a ton is what I can bagged feed for here. Probably a similar product.

Not a lot of feed stuff grown here other than cotton seed
May have to haul it in

Bob

I feed a similar mix from LNC and calves do really well. Weaned some calves a year ago, fed them the mix for about 45 days and they gained over 3#/day. Also I use it in creep feeder. Your calves should do well on it. Last I bought was 12 ton delivered bulk and cost $250/ton. You're correct, not a lot of feed ingredients produced in our area so most are railed in from midwest.

Looks like your typical least cost formulation creep pellet. Nothing outstanding about it, low in phosphorus (cost cutter) and low in the stated Vitamin A level. Why the heck would anybody put mineral oil in a feed?? It has zero nutritional value. Feed enough of it and you'll get gain.

I think he's getting it from Altus OK
I may have to look north where more corn and soybeans are grown and haul it back home

Texas PaPaw":3t7cp3wd said:
Bob

I feed a similar mix from LNC and calves do really well. Weaned some calves a year ago, fed them the mix for about 45 days and they gained over 3#/day. Also I use it in creep feeder. Your calves should do well on it. Last I bought was 12 ton delivered bulk and cost $250/ton. You're correct, not a lot of feed ingredients produced in our area so most are railed in from midwest.

That's kind of my plan just give them a little extra when on hay before the spring grass comes in

Latest posts