What do you think of this Connealy bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... DGqQ%3d%3d
I know crv is sure excited about this bull. His milk is lower than I like, and his calving numbers are pretty high. Having no data on him scares me, don't know what to expect. I'm sure plenty of growth. Worried about how the heifer side will turn out. I plan to breed him to smaller framed cows that need some frame and length added.

His #s are good and he looks good. Not as deep as I like but still a very solid bull

Basin Payweight x Connealy Earnan

IF there is trouble it will come from V8's MGS Connealy Earnan -6 ced 4.5 bw .95 acc
Earnan is a Consensus x Tobin
I would never guess that mating to produce such an awful ced/bw but you can't argue it at .95 accuracy

Quaker Hill Manning at Select Sires will give you as much or more frame than V8
ced 14 bw 1.7 acc. 80 cem 15 milk 29 doc 20 mw 44 (top 25%) mh .6 (top 20%) $W 87 top 1%
EXAR Denver x Daybreak - Manning's Dam is a full sister to Rampage

Yes I agree with the SOB.. :)

1682 x earnan isn't gonna give you a whole lot of frame. 107S or 006S might but the 1682s are more moderate. If you are trying to increase frame score I would not use anything Connealy. Good cattle just not good at that.

jscunn":2uqzzhbb said:

1682 x earnan isn't gonna give you a whole lot of frame. 107S or 006S might but the 1682s are more moderate. If you are trying to increase frame score I would not use anything Connealy. Good cattle just not good at that.

Ok, so question, is this a good line to use if you're trying to pull frame score down? I have a 2 y/o that if she continues growing, she'll be a tank like her mother. The bad part with her is that she was 95lb calf, so the higher BW on this bull is a bit scary to me, but maybe I'm wrong b/c I'm pretty new at this stuff.

Also, the one knock I have on this bull is that he doesn't have any calves registered to him, and I know that his numbers could go up or could go tank. Thoughts on that, too, from you folks that do this a lot?

Bestoutwest":16npipzr said:
jscunn":16npipzr said:

Ok, so question, is this a good line to use if you're trying to pull frame score down? I have a 2 y/o that if she continues growing, she'll be a tank like her mother. The bad part with her is that she was 95lb calf, so the higher BW on this bull is a bit scary to me, but maybe I'm wrong b/c I'm pretty new at this stuff.

Also, the one knock I have on this bull is that he doesn't have any calves registered to him, and I know that his numbers could go up or could go tank. Thoughts on that, too, from you folks that do this a lot?

I think Connealy United would be a good option. They are smaller framed, yet still build like a tank.

Tbrake,
Do you have any idea what they paid for V-Eight? Just curious. Thanks

Latest posts