What do you think of this bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Tod Dague

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using him. For those who receive the Red Angus Mag. there is a mature pic of him in last months page 53. His EPDs are fine with me (his birth is a little lower than I normally use) so I'm just wondering what others thought of his phenotype and any flaws I might be missing.

sequoya.jpg

This is his dam

NA123.jpg

I think they both are awesome. But, take this with a grain of salt... as I am NO expert. I only know what I like to see and what I don't.

And I like!

Michele

Tod Dague":1gfd1eq3 said:
I'm thinking of using him. For those who receive the Red Angus Mag. there is a mature pic of him in last months page 53. His EPDs are fine with me (his birth is a little lower than I normally use) so I'm just wondering what others thought of his phenotype and any flaws I might be missing.

sequoya.jpg

This is his dam

NA123.jpg
Need more of an expert that I, but I really like his mama !! :tiphat:

A link to the Semen company's kisting on the bull would be very helpful.

I do like him and his Momma

Well, you didn't mention what you'd use him for but I like him and his dam too. How long does one animal continue to strongly influence a pedigree? This bull's daughters would be C.C. great-granddaughters. I've heard lots already about his daughters having narrow pelvises. What about his granddaughters and great granddaughters? Isn't that a pretty good distance back?

2/B or not 2/B":37824ct4 said:
Well, you didn't mention what you'd use him for but I like him and his dam too. How long does one animal continue to strongly influence a pedigree? This bull's daughters would be C.C. great-granddaughters. I've heard lots already about his daughters having narrow pelvises. What about his granddaughters and great granddaughters? Isn't that a pretty good distance back?
I don;t know how far back it may influence but his sires CEM is -3. You can;t fix that in one generation

dun":2kxsi0zh said:
2/B or not 2/B":2kxsi0zh said:
I don;t know how far back it may influence but his sires CEM is -3. You can;t fix that in one generation

Dun, has Cherokee Canyon proved to sire small pelvic openings or is it still all "in theory"?

KNERSIE":1de37gg0 said:
dun":1de37gg0 said:
2/B or not 2/B":1de37gg0 said:

Dun, has Cherokee Canyon proved to sire small pelvic openings or is it still all "in theory"?
Of his daughters that I'm familiar with, that's only a couple of dozen, they have all turned out to be flops as calvers as heifers. Don;t know of any that have calved a second time.

dun":218mxkky said:
2/B or not 2/B":218mxkky said:
The odds are against you but it doesn't mean it can't happen, just look at Cheyenne. I sure like his Phenotype and his dam. Does anyone know of some other Red Angus bulls of similar type. I sure don't mind using a different bull.

Latest posts