what do you think of my 2007 steer

Help Support CattleToday:

cattle gal

Reaction score
this is my 2007 steer he is a red angus cross and is around 10 months old and weighs 910 lbs as of 1/16/07. let me know what you think of him

P1220024.jpg

I think he is nice, aside from being the wrong color. ;-)

The only thing I could say would be maybe a little more substance of bone and a little bit more muscling. His tail head looks a little funny too.

Overall, he looks really good. Good work!

IMO he looks really nice if you can just get a little bit of hair all around to make him look more stocky i think he will grow up really strong and pretty

thanks. in this picture i really hadnt done anything to him but run a brush over him , i had just brought him up from the pature and he doesnt like the blower so i dont use it on him. the only thing i use on him is a scotch comb . even for the shows i just wash him brush him with the scotch comb and let him dry and he poofs out really good.

i agree but whats the deal with tail heads is it bad if there big whats the way they should be? i like your steer

Good lookin steer. Just a tip, once you get him set up touch him with the show stick in the middle of his loin and it'll drop that loin and make him look more level through the hip. Good luck and keep us posted on his progress.

He is nice. I like his color. We just have had black. I like to see something different.
I would get his feet done before you show him an enough time for them to heal.
Good work.

thanks . i have somebody coming to trim all my show cattles hooves the middle of march and then my fair is the end of april so he will have enough time to heal . he sits a little funny on his back legs cause the outside of his back feet on the hoof fold in a little . but i cant get the farrier out anytime sooner to fix it . i will try to take more picture of my steer from different angles and post them .

this steer has been to 2 shows as of january 2007 he went to the alachua county fair and the judge didnt say what he placed him but i walked away with blue ribbon and $50.00 and then he went to bartow and took 4th in the steer class against all black angus steers so he did pretty good most the steers at bartow were just about finished and ready for market so he was a good ways behind them but still held 4th in a class of 9

hes polled. heres a new picture of him he was not wanting to stand for the pictures he has been through so much in the last few days he just got tubed cause he was bloated so bad and nothing was working on him . he has alot of muscle in his hind end but in the picture it just dont show . i will work on getting better pictures of him

P2080005.jpg

i dont do anything special to it i was him with vo5 shampoo once a week a month leading up to a show and other than that once every two weeks and instead of blowing him dry i brush him out with the scotch comb and let him dry like that . some times i put some skin so soft in his bronco fly spray but thats all .

here is a new picture of him he weighs in at about 1050 right now and is actually finishing pretty nicely . he is not allowed to eat cracked corn cause the vet said take him off it cause he would bloat everytime i put him on it so i am hoping his feed its self will do its job . but let me know what you think of him in this picture.there are 43 days left till he goes into our county fair for show and sale.

P1010032.jpg

let me know what you think

Latest posts