What do you Gelbvieh/Angus people think of her?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
This is a 50/50 Balancer heifer I'm raising. Her mother is a Eagle Eye Daughter out of a Bando 598 cow. I A.I ed her to Lazy TV Sam U451. I'm really liking her a lot myself. Tell me what you think of her. Thanks B&G

I like her too. Feminine with good rib, adequate depth and a slick hair coat.

We really need more information re: physical appearance - than these two views. She seems like a great potential for a brood cow, with a few exceptions that are apparent in these pictures. She seems to be sickle-hocked, note the angle of the hind legs from the hocks down, and the angle of her pasterns. She will possibly manifest that trait more as she ages and carries calves. But with the genetic package that she carries, you can improve on her other negative traits by judicial use of bulls that have Multiple Traits to enhance her current package of genes. In future matings, attempt to focus on enhancing her Width, not too much Milk, higher marbling and rib eye EPD's. But, you have a great potential beginning for genetic improvement.

DOC HARRIS

cow pollinater":3utr45zq said:
Not a bad looking heifer. I'd like to see her calf out of Sam. He should cover up the Bando look a little.

I might have made this confusing. Her mother who is out of Eagle Eye and a Bando 598 cow was A.I.ed to Lazy TV Sam so, this heifer is out of Lazy TV Sam.
I'm going to bred her to Atlas or just turn her out with my Confidence son Balancer bull. B&G

I'm still trying to see "sickle hocks".....maybe if you posted a poorer picture we could find that fault. As it is she looks awesome.

She's a nice heifer Rod. She should nick good with the Atlas bull....of course you already know I like your new bull too.