What do you call them?

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Very thin slices of potato (usually) deep fried. In the US they're chips the Brits call them crisps, what are they called in other countrys?

dun":adh9djz6 said:
Very thin slices of potato (usually) deep fried. In the US they're chips the Brits call them crisps, what are they called in other countrys?
That is not entirely true, I've seen potato crisps in Ohio.

Off topic, but the Italian place up the road serves them with their subs. They're all greasy and soft and chewy, good stuff.

Looks like George Bernard Shaw was right "England and America are two countries separated by a common language".

We call them Chips too, but we also call French Fries chips. Know of a few people who got a surprise when they ordered 'chips' with their burger in the US.

Got rained out today. [first rain in about a month]
Thinking of something new to make for the BOSS for supper.
Gonna slice up some tatters, deep fry, brown em nice :nod: little ketchup, little salt.
Thanks Y'all! :cowboy:
Call them??? Don't know :???:

I call 'em darned good..'specilly at the side of a hamburger patty..

mnmtranching":g7wkvgk8 said:
Gonna slice up some tatters, deep fry, brown em nice :nod: little ketchup, little salt.

fried tatters.....what time do we eat? :lol:

Down in the West Indies, back in the 70's, "Fish and chips" were french fries and fried fish. Good plate to eat

mnmtranching":2g5th963 said:
Hey, I tried something different and boy did they turn out good, sliced up thin potatoes, laid out on a cookie sheet (I put down some foil on it) then sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese, baked till crisp. Were darn good.

CKC1586":11ihcqqz said:
mnmtranching":11ihcqqz said:
Hey, I tried something different and boy did they turn out good, sliced up thin potatoes, laid out on a cookie sheet (I put down some foil on it) then sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese, baked till crisp. Were darn good.

Now THAT sounds good! May have to try that sometime

backhoeboogie":25k57v9r said:
Down in the West Indies, back in the 70's, "Fish and chips" were french fries and fried fish. Good plate to eat

That is what fish and chips is everywhere else in the world

dun":3ia7mpnl said:
In my country they call them fried potatoes.

Latest posts