what do ya'll think of my Black Angus cow?

Help Support CattleToday:

If she makes you happy that's all that matters. I like that she has a great personality.

I second Ron's comments.

I like pets.. and water buffalo are cool.. if you're on facebook look up Sammy Jo Stohler (I think) or on Youtube look for Wilson the water buffalo... he's all rigged up and does work around the farm, dragging stuff and such

Nesikep said:
I like pets.. and water buffalo are cool.. if you're on facebook look up Sammy Jo Stohler (I think) or on Youtube look for Wilson the water buffalo... he's all rigged up and does work around the farm, dragging stuff and such

Wilson has a FB page! :lol2: Thanks for that!

There's a video of him stacking barrels.. It's what he does for fun... collects barrels from around the yard, puts them in a corner, and stacks them 2 high.
Not the greatest vid.. it'll do
https://youtu.be/zQdfhac8uUI

if she aint a beefalo, that bottom line slope tell's me she aint very fertile.

Sure looks like Beefalo in the first picture. My boss had a dozen or so and they are fine when you leave them alone, but when cornered they will eye you up and charge you, the ones he had were just plain dangerous. The side view of the head definitely doesn't look Beefalo, I'm glad to hear she's friendly.

When I was at Laverstoke Park farm, the buffalo were always bred by bull, the best in the herd were imported from Italy, I do not know anyone who AI'es Water buffalo, the Mozzarella is a top seller on the farm with an increasing demand for Gouda, yogurt and buffalo ice cream, there are several videos on youtube with the Laverstoke buffalo and cheese factory featured.

If she is water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) they can not interbreed with cattle (Bos taurus or Bos indicus)[60 chromsomes].

African or Cape Buffalo (Syncerus caffer) [52 chromosomes] and can not interbreed with cattle and it appears they can not interbred with water buffalo.

River buffalo 50 chromosomes, swamp buffalo 48 chromosomes are both classified as water buffaloo and are an anomaly in that they can interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

Latest posts