what do u think

Help Support CattleToday:

rm987

Reaction score
IMG_3595.jpg

nice spine. a little high in the flank.a nd that is all i can tell get a better picture and you will get better responses

that picture dose make he rlook short bodied. but i like her in all but she dose look a little high in the flank to me but it might be a shadow too.

ya she was only on grain for 2 weeks before but know she has deepened out ill take a pic at our next show in like 3 weeeks

i like her, but like the others, would like to see another picture of her. she looks pretty level in her top and may be a bit high in the flank, though a profile picture will confirm whether or not she actually is. i'd probably sweat her neck a little though and see if i couldn't clean up some of that skin under chin. what breed is she? how old is she?

shes a mainXangus and she was9 months in that pic and i have been sweatin her and she has dropped in the flank

Heifer's decent (better pic could change my mind). The main thing I see is that you need to relax in the showring. Of course, I don't know if you're goofing around for the pic or if this is your normal stance. Just relax -- don't draw more attention to yourself than to your heifer.

Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you.

that was my first show and i was so nervous u can tell on the clipp job but i got a show next weekend and 2 weeks after that

rm987":2iom1nmx said:
that was my first show and i was so nervous u can tell on the clipp job but i got a show next weekend and 2 weeks after that

Clip job looks pretty good, of course it's easier to tell when you are there. I can see that the legs need to be a bit smoother.

Funny thing about that first show -- I can remember my first show as if it were yesterday and it has been over 20 years ago. I was holding the lead so tight that when I finally came out of the ring, my hand was almost permanently clinched. After that I got better.

Keep working hard -- I think you'll make a great showman.

ya its my first year and im not expecting wins at the big shows but hope to do well at our county fair

Heifer looks a little small for 9 months of age. How did she stack up against the competition for her age? You are doing a good job. A little tip - you have her front feet too far forward. You need to get them under her. When you bone up her legs - the most important part is clipping off the excess hair - flatten her hocks on each side. You want her hair to give her the appearance of a good wide (front to back) flat (side to side) bone.
Nice heifer.

ya she was only on grain for 2 weeks then and i wayed her yesterday and she weighted 750 and shes 11 months

Latest posts