What do they call these?

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
I am looking for what would be similar to a dump truck box mounted on a set of 8 ton running gear. I want to chop some silage and dump in my trench, as well as pick some corn with it. I've searched for dump wagons, dump trailers, self unloaders, etc. I can find lots of smaller wagons but nothing on an 8-10 ton gear.

I am looking for something like this, only a bit bigger: www.marketfarmequipment.com/Big%20Dump% ... ailers.htm

If anyone could tell me who sells them- would appreciate it.

Don't know what they are called, but around here you can get them at most trailer dealers that deal with industrial applications. Generally they have tandem duals and gooseneck hitch.

How about this one?
24721305_scaled_434x259.jpg

http://www.gooseneck.net/253707.html

millstreaminn":1taljz6z said:
I am looking for what would be similar to a dump truck box mounted on a set of 8 ton running gear. I want to chop some silage and dump in my trench, as well as pick some corn with it. I've searched for dump wagons, dump trailers, self unloaders, etc. I can find lots of smaller wagons but nothing on an 8-10 ton gear.

I am looking for something like this, only a bit bigger: http://www.marketfarmequipment.com/Big% ... ailers.htm

If anyone could tell me who sells them- would appreciate it.

Silage doesn't dump very well, if I remember. It's been years since I dealt with unloading silage, but I'm thinking in PA you should find silage boxes with conveyor chains for unloading. They'll also work better with an 8 ton wagon gear. Big hoists and steel sides are heavy. You'll soon tax an 8 ton gear.

There's lot of those types of trailers down along the coast around Galveston and you can get them really cheap. They were used to clean up after Ike and now they're not being used anymore. They're all GN's though so you might have to get the blue wrench out and modify the hitch.

Silage dumps fine but we use trucks to do it. Your looking for a Roda Box as we call them, they are no longer built, i might have mispelled it,they arent made anymore but they were built on 8 to 10 ton running gears adn were for chopping silage and picking corn, they have a single web in the bottom and rear unload and are steel.they run off the tracotrs pto, here is a link to one http://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/de ... 3CBF530011

Since you're in Pa you probably get Lancaster Farming every week (if you don't you should) look in there you might be able to find a used one or find one at a farm sale . Look for a 4 wheel dump wagon , if you already get the paper you can place a wanted ad , you can place 2 ads per month for free if you subscribe to the paper. Ads in there usually bring results. They also have a website; www.lancasterfarming.com , you can search the classifieds but you must subscribe to the paper to do so. If you want a new one check with some of the guys out there that build bale wagons , they might be able to build you one or tell you who could.

Latest posts