What do crickets eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
No punch line, just wondering. I never really thought about it before.

They have to eat something. We kinda had a run of them with the hot dry weather. I'm hoping we don't get a deluge when fall comes. I can remember when I was in college, crickets were so bad one fall, they were all over the football field. Players had squished cricket all over themselves, they got into the band uniforms, instruments, in your coke... nasty.

Lammie":sbutf5hb said:
I don't remember.........I saw a show a few weeks ago on RFD that spoke of one if not the only company that sells em Nationwide
for bait. It was kind of funny. Seems like it started out small and has grown into some business over the years. It's a pretty hokey looking
setup but I guess it works for them.

crickets are insects that belong to the order orthoptera and the class insecta. crickets are an important part of the ecosystem to help break down plant material. crickets are omnivores and feed on almost anything - usually organic material , plant decay, grass,fruits, seedling plants, fungi and even meat. crickets need a good diet otherwise they tend to feed on each other. crickets also need a good supply of water.

Lammie":zaxz3bh2 said:

The bait shops here feed banana peel and corn meal.

Well, I guess that's about what I was figuring. Thanks.

Latest posts