what did you do at your day job today

Help Support CattleToday:

Tuesday: Relog 4000 ft of wellbore. Left
Midland headed for home.
Wednesday: Drove all day. Arrived home at 630
Last night
Today i will be catching up on home work. Working on a tiller. Tilling garden for winter planting hopefully. Cleaning up yard.

littletom":1d3qytwk said:
I wish I could post pics. Got 6 boys started cutting tobacco at 6:15. Took 3 boys to scaffolds to take down few loads of cured tobacco. So we can re hang those with green tobacco. Then drove tractor for those boys to pick up green tobacco till lunch. Spent most of afternoon with crop adjuster look over what Harvey ruined and some fields he had to see before I disk for cover crops. Then checked in with white hired man who was disking for cover crops took him fuel, and helped him move a tractor and cultipacker. Checked fall calving cows and finaly dark so I got to come home.

Would love to see some pictures of your crop. We use to raise tobacco when I was a kid. Hard work but nothing beats sitting around a wood heater on a cold day stripping backer.

Fixed a broken Water main that had about 300 homes a school and a large business shut down.

Absolutely hate my day job. Stuck in it by the chains of a salary. Cant find another making the same money with less hours. Used to be my job got me motivated and I strived to advance. Now I find myself just trying to make it to my next day off. It sucks being in a position like this. I should be thankful to be working but hate what I do. I have applied for atleast 50 jobs in the last 3 years and interviewed for 15. None of them had the money or schedule that made sense. I pray about it all the time. Being in restuarant management for 15 years has left me not qualified for other jobs and making too much to switch and start from the bottom in another. 70-80 hours a week and working EVERY major holiday doesn't make it any better either. But it does allow me to buy more cattle. :D

Spent the last 72 hours straight recommissioning a set of 3000hp draw works and DDCS in the south Atlantic off the coast of Brazil. She's working so I am heading back to shore for a nap then hopefully a nice plane ride home.

BK9954":29l3i7dv said:
Absolutely hate my day job. Stuck in it by the chains of a salary. Cant find another making the same money with less hours. Used to be my job got me motivated and I strived to advance. Now I find myself just trying to make it to my next day off. It sucks being in a position like this. I should be thankful to be working but hate what I do. I have applied for atleast 50 jobs in the last 3 years and interviewed for 15. None of them had the money or schedule that made sense. I pray about it all the time. Being in restuarant management for 15 years has left me not qualified for other jobs and making too much to switch and start from the bottom in another. 70-80 hours a week and working EVERY major holiday doesn't make it any better either. But it does allow me to buy more cattle. :D
If it allows you to buy cattle it must be a pretty good job :cboy:

RanchMan90":3ujblx5e said:
BK9954":3ujblx5e said:
If it allows you to buy cattle it must be a pretty good job :cboy:
Pays good, they just work the crap out of you all week and they squeeze every drop they can. In my industry we call this kind of company a meat grinder. Had 1 dayw off yesterday. Ran cattle in the morning, slept half the afternoon, hauled hay last night and back on a 70 hour stretch today. If I could get out and not sink financially I would leave this minute.

BK9954":asvpbg8m said:
Having had an almost exact situation almost ruin my life, I'd go back and take one of those jobs...and forget the money. You'll learn to live on less and need less. Beats the he// out of ending up in the funny farm. You will survive.