What cuts do you prefer when processing your beef?

Help Support CattleToday:

I am late to the party.

I usually do 1 inch steaks, grind the sirloin if butcher determines they're at all tough. I like Chuck roast cut into big steaks too sometimes.

I take all the roasts, but do cube the round. Take all the stew meat they'll do for me too.

1 pound ground works for me, easier for them to pack I'd say too.

Been getting the leg shanks cut in 1.5 to 2 inch thick slices. The marrow is awesome. Slow cooked.

I'm not patient enough to cook ribs or brisket. Usually give those to friends or grind.

Gonna try some flank steak this week when I pick up, never had it I don't think.

I am late to the party.

I usually do 1 inch steaks, grind the sirloin if butcher determines they're at all tough. I like Chuck roast cut into big steaks too sometimes.

I take all the roasts, but do cube the round. Take all the stew meat they'll do for me too.

1 pound ground works for me, easier for them to pack I'd say too.

Been getting the leg shanks cut in 1.5 to 2 inch thick slices. The marrow is awesome. Slow cooked.

I'm not patient enough to cook ribs or brisket. Usually give those to friends or grind.

Gonna try some flank steak this week when I pick up, never had it I don't think.
Flank steaks and skirt steaks are amazing-fajitas (of course), or slathered with feta cheese on one side, roll, slice into "Roll ups" and grill or pan-sear. Great throwaway cut.

I use my ketchup, mustard, and worchestershire sauce on the flank steak like I do with the London broil.
I like to mix either ketchup or tomato sauce, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cover seared short ribs with it and cook in the oven at low heat until fall apart tender. Maybe 3-4 hrs.

Made some cabobs with some skirt steak and bacon wrapped chicken with some bell peppers, cherry tomato's, and grilled. Turned out pretty good.

Few months back a gentleman opened a processing plant in bowie Texas. Bucknbull meatwrx or something to that nature. Took him a longhorn/char cross, 22 months and fed out 4 months. On hoof 1170, hanging weight 56%. So far we are more than pleased. If you're in the north Texas area I would certainly recommend you give them a try.

Few months back a gentleman opened a processing plant in bowie Texas. Bucknbull meatwrx or something to that nature. Took him a longhorn/char cross, 22 months and fed out 4 months. On hoof 1170, hanging weight 56%. So far we are more than pleased. If you're in the north Texas area I would certainly recommend you give them a try.
1170 x .56 = 655 h.w.
How much did it cost you to have 655 lb carcass processed?

Latest posts