What color?

Help Support CattleToday:

Gelbviehs would make great crosses with your crosses. Plus the heifers will be good milkers. But thats another 4 years down the road before your calves, calves will be milking anything.LOL :lol: :lol:

txshowmom":nffzj7pn said:
Gelbviehs would make great crosses with your crosses. Plus the heifers will be good milkers. But thats another 4 years down the road before your calves, calves will be milking anything.LOL :lol: :lol:

Any other breed it will be 4 years down the road before the calves, calves will be milking anything. :p :p

Two years for now, then two more. Well, I guess two now, then three more for me, I very rarely, if ever keep a heifer's first calf, but there are always exceptions. Seems like you can't ever quit planning. Oh well, that's what makes it fun.

Firstone.jpg

Awww, ain't she sweet :lol:

As of today 2 for 2 on the black baldy's. Both heifers to boot.

if the angus has a recessive red gene one in four calves will be red. very nice calves, i like the baldies. :)

Thanks, she's growing like a weed. It's been almost 12 years since I've seen anything other than a solid black calf in our pastures. A little change is nice.

The third one was born today, out of a 3 way X heifer. Another black baldy. Dang bull calf though. :lol: I was expecting a red one on this one, but no. The heifer is 1/4 Zebu, 1/4 Hereford, and 1/2 Angus.

Check that. Wrong heifer. The one that calved today is 1/8 Zebu, 1/8 Hereford, and 3/4 Angus.

Two more last night. Both momma's are Angus cows. I guess both would be considered black baldy's. One is brown on the body, not red or even reddish, so maybe a brown baldy. Where'd that come from?

Three more today. Ten calves, in 12 days, all black baldy's. The Hereford was a 18 month old "rookie" when we put him in with the cows last Jan. He must have been paying close attetion to the birds and bees while he was growing up, cause with 10 calves in the first 12 days, he didn't have time for any on the job training. :lol:

Latest posts