What can you tell me...

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
... about this bull from just this picture?

Here's some help:
D.O.B. 4/3/2006
Wt: 351 lbs on 9/7/2006
Wt: 547 lbs on 11/7/2006
*Do not have current weight, picture was taken on 2/6/2007

iron_will.JPG

Going to his first show this weekend in Jackson, MS...

well?

opinions...likes...dislikes... whatever really... see anything particular you like about him... see anything particularly wrong.... ???

I can tell you he has four legs, two horns and a ring in his nose that appears to be steel.

Can't tell much from that picture. Actually, I can't tell much from ANY picture. :oops: But since you didn't give us a BW, we can't judge his ADG and that's important to me. And I just can't deal with horns. Is he yours? Is he a Longhorn?

Very nice color, nice looking head. Clean naval flap. Legs look ok. From photo angle (not the best) looks like he is little weak in back (however, some bull calves are touch lazy in back). Can't tell much about hips from photo angle. Assuming the photo is current (last month or so) he definitely won't win any points for horn growth: at around 10 mos old horns just out to ears. We like to see minimum 24" horn at 12 months old, preferably 30" plus...just our program. Trust he isn't only LH y'all hauling to Mississippi for a show...lol.

Frankie":2wi1yyzf said:
Can't tell much from that picture. Actually, I can't tell much from ANY picture. :oops: But since you didn't give us a BW, we can't judge his ADG and that's important to me. And I just can't deal with horns. Is he yours? Is he a Longhorn?

LOL!

Yes, Frankie he is a Longhorn...can't you tell? ;-)

For general information: Most all purebred Longhorn calves will range between about 45 and 70# birthweight.

Running Arrow Bill":3ij2d2vk said:
Frankie":3ij2d2vk said:

LOL!

Yes, Frankie he is a Longhorn...can't you tell? ;-)

No. If I could tell, I wouldn't ask.

For general information: Most all purebred Longhorn calves will range between about 45 and 70# birthweight.

That's "general" information. Still doesn't tell me what this calved weighed at birth.

Frankie... yes he is a longhorn, 100%. Couldnt tell you birthweight... birthweight isnt really important in the longhorn industry... however, if i had to venture a guess it would be about right around 65lbs or so

Rustler9":31gpl7tc said:
Looks like a pretty good specimen. Clean underline, thick, looks like pretty good horn growth. Who's he out of?

his sire is NP Redeemer's Redemption and dam is 4K showsopper 95 ... both are on our website

frankie cannot judge anything unless it has a # of some sort!

does not even know the breed or the charactoristics of that breed but it can't be good because the #'S are not what her breed of choice is and therefore it must be worthless.

better becareful of criticizing her though she has a habit of getting topics shut down if they do not agree with her.

that said i have a cross bred calf in my pasture that looks like yours, bout the same horn length and 7 months old, do not know where he came from cause i don't have any longhorns but one of my older cows had him, must have snuck out one night :D

Ryan,
As I've said before, I like to look at the cattle you post. They are beefy, big boned and healthy looking. I'm sure this feller has as much quarter as the others you have posted in the past. Good luck with him.

One thing I did notice is his "jewels". Might be a shadow or just his coloring but...they look like my calves about 1 1/2 weeks after I band them. Purple and swelled. :shock:

certherfbeef":2tctoho7 said:
Ryan,
As I've said before, I like to look at the cattle you post. They are beefy, big boned and healthy looking. I'm sure this feller has as much quarter as the others you have posted in the past. Good luck with him.

One thing I did notice is his "jewels". Might be a shadow or just his coloring but...they look like my calves about 1 1/2 weeks after I band them. Purple and swelled. :shock:

lol... Thanks... I'll see if I cant take some pictures today at the show... show the rear better, maybe a shot from behind, a shot to see the "jewels"...

memanpa":31fiiixv said:

does not even know the breed or the charactoristics of that breed but it can't be good because the #'S are not what her breed of choice is and therefore it must be worthless.

better becareful of criticizing her though she has a habit of getting topics shut down if they do not agree with her.

that said i have a cross bred calf in my pasture that looks like yours, bout the same horn length and 7 months old, do not know where he came from cause i don't have any longhorns but one of my older cows had him, must have snuck out one night :D

I can't tell it's a longhorn; you've got one in the pasture that looks just like it and you don't have longhorns! But I can't judge cattle and you can? Get a life. :roll:

Ryan":3r3wj4iy said:
Frankie... yes he is a longhorn, 100%. Couldnt tell you birthweight... birthweight isnt really important in the longhorn industry... however, if i had to venture a guess it would be about right around 65lbs or so

BW is important in the beef industry. So is ADG and that needs a BW for a starting point. He's a pretty boy. I hope he does well for you.

Frankie":3im5b8d9 said:
memanpa":3im5b8d9 said:

I can't tell it's a longhorn; you've got one in the pasture that looks just like it and you don't have longhorns! But I can't judge cattle and you can? Get a life. :roll:

frankie do not be so DIS Grunteled, i said i have one in my pasture that looks just like his, i also said i do nor know where he came from! no where did i say i didn't know what he was!!
perhaps you are the one who needs to get a life :roll: :roll:
or has your obbsession with only numbers soooooooo clouded your judgement you no longer have a life? is this what makes you so DIS orentied :D :D :D

UPDATE:

The bull ended up getting 3rd out of 4 at the show. Another of our bulls won the class. He was the youngest bull in his class by about 20 days. I thought he had a good showing, especially for his first time out. Had a lot of good compliments on him... which i liked, being his first time out in public. Overall we ended up doing pretty good throughout the rest of the show, too.