What can you say........?

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems that the term bullock is mostly heard from Australians, anyway they're the ones I've heard us it. Some people do use intact bulls but the vast majority in most areas are steers. For just working on the farm I used to keep them intact, seemed to me to have more shoulder to them. If I was working off the farm I used steers. These were at different times, I didn;t have both bulls and steers working at the same time.

dun":17o156nk said:
iowafarmer":17o156nk said:
You think that is bad? Take a look at this one and then go look at the comments on it. Look at how many people all of a sudden want a pet bull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJpoCDsx ... re=related
I see nothing wrong with that. He isn;t inciting the bul to do anything. I really think that a bull should be trated more like a stud horse and taught to be respectful and have a purpose besides breeding cows.

I did not mean that I see a problem with riding a bull if you have it trained and do realize what you are dealing with a large animal that could turn on you and you use caution. It's the comments that I was talking about. The people wanting pet bulls and the people that see him riding that bull and think that bulls are big pets is what I was talking about.

iowafarmer":19mh5ysr said:
dun":19mh5ysr said:
iowafarmer":19mh5ysr said:
You think that is bad? Take a look at this one and then go look at the comments on it. Look at how many people all of a sudden want a pet bull. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJpoCDsx ... re=related
I see nothing wrong with that. He isn;t inciting the bul to do anything. I really think that a bull should be trated more like a stud horse and taught to be respectful and have a purpose besides breeding cows.

I did not mean that I see a problem with riding a bull if you have it trained and do realize what you are dealing with a large animal that could turn on you and you use caution. It's the comments that I was talking about. The people wanting pet bulls and the people that see him riding that bull and think that bulls are big pets is what I was talking about.
Maybe those same people have never seen a good video of just what a bull can do to a so-called "professional bull rider".

Chances are that the bull is an grade Angus X. Angus are used by many dairies. I really doubt that the bull is an Angus x Holstein cross. He doesn't show any dairy characteristics. They are near the milking parlor, you can hear the machines.

Sheesh! I didn't make it thru the whole video, but I saw a young idiot working on turning a perfectly docile bull into something else. And the doofus with the camera egging him on was very annoying.

I have noticed this about the male half of the human race - some of them, their brains don't seem to grow in until they hit 30 or better. Sorry, boys, I'm just callin it like I see it.

MO_cows":vjjz6usw said:
Sheesh! I didn't make it thru the whole video, but I saw a young idiot working on turning a perfectly docile bull into something else. And the doofus with the camera egging him on was very annoying.

I have noticed this about the male half of the human race - some of them, their brains don't seem to grow in until they hit 30 or better. Sorry, boys, I'm just callin it like I see it.
Just before they started filiming he probably said, "Here hold my beer and watch this"!

iowafarmer":3gl7jl50 said:

Amazing, I have lived and worked in and around Gainesville my whole life, and this is the first I have seen of this fellow. Must not come out of the woods that often.

chippie":3t3p2vna said:
Chances are that the bull is an grade Angus X. Angus are used by many dairies. I really doubt that the bull is an Angus x Holstein cross. He doesn't show any dairy characteristics. They are near the milking parlor, you can hear the machines.
get a profile view of hat sum bisch and you won't see nothing BUT holstein...as well as his head.

Latest posts