What can I expect?

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for all the replies, yes Dave their taking over a Del's and moving. We don't really care for Del's . Better feed at wilco (Purina)

We'll just see how it goes, around here if it's not fair they won't last.

Thanks

Named'em Tamed'em":1o5wohkz said:
Thanks for all the replies, yes Dave their taking over a Del's and moving. We don't really care for Del's . Better feed at wilco (Purina)

Thanks

One of the daughters was working at Del's when TSC bought them out. It has been a while ago. I have never seen one change its name but I figure it would happen eventually. I also prefer Wilco over Del's. If I am buying any amount of feed I go to X-Cel in Tacoma. Buying straight from the feed mill saves a lot of money. On a ton of feed I save about $100-150. Only problem with them is they are only open M-F 8:00 to 4:30.

Dave":3nm29g3a said:
Named'em Tamed'em":3nm29g3a said:

Thanks

One of the daughters was working at Del's when TSC bought them out. It has been a while ago. I have never seen one change its name but I figure it would happen eventually. I also prefer Wilco over Del's. If I am buying any amount of feed I go to X-Cel in Tacoma. Buying straight from the feed mill saves a lot of money. On a ton of feed I save about $100-150. Only problem with them is they are only open M-F 8:00 to 4:30.

You can get X-cel feed by the ton at Red Neck feed between Belfair and Gorst for cheaper than the mill (not to mention the Narrows Bridge Toll for me). You order it ahead and you can pick it up Mon- Sat. You could idle up through Elma, Shelton, and Belfair and miss all that I-5 CRAP. Good fresh tortilla's in Shelton also. :D

JSCATTLE":1fn5rv8k said:
We just got one here in buna . Their 20% cube price is 3 dollars cheaper than the feed store. Since I only use them to pen cows I haven't looked at the label to compare the feed value . Chemical s are cheaper . As well as fence supplies. They are also open when I come in from work .

Chemicals are actually cheaper at our feed store.
Their t post are mighty thin and bend like a pretzel that is a pretty sorry post that won't drive in this soil.
I refuse to buy their crap anymore last treated post I bought in one of their sales lasted six years.
I have fences that were built 30 years ago in better shape.

We only have one feed store that carries more than a few sacks of feed . So they kinda charge what they can get away with.

JSCATTLE":3vad79b9 said:
We only have one feed store that carries more than a few sacks of feed . So they kinda charge what they can get away with.

Try Tyco in Woodville they are good and you can get it a lot cheaper in super sacks.
They will make you what ever blend of feed you want they have their own feed mill.

Ok . I'll check with tyco . I keep seeing people saying on here they get blended feed for 200 to 300 a,ton . Everything I can find is 400 a ton . thanks cb

JSCATTLE":3a6bq89j said:
Ok . I'll check with tyco . I keep seeing people saying on here they get blended feed for 200 to 300 a,ton . Everything I can find is 400 a ton . thanks cb

2-1-1 is 300 a ton I have them put it 1000 pound supersacks.
Made my feeder with a sliding roof, open the roof pick up the sack over the feeder,
pull one string and dump it in. The reason for 1000 pound sacks the tractor gets a little
light on the ass end for me with a ton in one.
This is the best pic I have of the feeder I built it will hold a little over a ton, I didn't need a
bigger one. You have to get the height right on this as the super sack dumps it grows in length.

Named'em Tamed'em":1wkjeks5 said:
Dave":1wkjeks5 said:
Named'em Tamed'em":1wkjeks5 said:

Thanks

You can get X-cel feed by the ton at Red Neck feed between Belfair and Gorst for cheaper than the mill (not to mention the Narrows Bridge Toll for me). You order it ahead and you can pick it up Mon- Sat. You could idle up through Elma, Shelton, and Belfair and miss all that I-5 CRAP. Good fresh tortilla's in Shelton also. :D

It takes me an hour more for a round trip to Belfair than just a straight trip up I-5 to Tacoma. And I generally call X-Cel ahead and order. I take the equipment trailer and get 3 tons. I doubt I could get it enough cheaper to make it worth the extra drive. Besides I would miss out on all the fun of driving up I-5.

nice looking feeder . I'm off next Wednesday I think I'll ride over to tyco . Do. I just tell them 2 1 1 . Is that csm corn and salt or am I off base

[/quote]

Named'em Tamed'em":130i01bs said:

Thanks
Most of the TSC aka Del's private label feed is made by Purina. :shock: :nod: :nod:

JSCATTLE":1tpj25cx said:
nice looking feeder . I'm off next Wednesday I think I'll ride over to tyco . Do. I just tell them 2 1 1 . Is that csm corn and salt or am I off base

[/quote]

You are dead on if you want a super sack they usual need an hour two notice.

Latest posts