What breed is this? Hereford and ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":qrpm0x8i said:
she looks to be the slow maturing hard keeping type

exactly what i was thinking. looks to be real hard keeping. but i am inclined to agree with dun sure dont look like an angus. :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":21x7v8su said:
Alan":21x7v8su said:
chester1977":21x7v8su said:
40 looks and no love

has very short hair compared to hereford.

Help a working man out.

Welcome to the board Chester, by now you know that there are enough smart$$ folk on the board to ruin your point. I won't venture a guess to the cross other than Hereford, I just wanted to say welcome to the board.

To others, here is a newbie with 4 posts coming to ask what seems to be a honest question about a possible cross. Not what the a$$ looks like, 4 post. This stuff has always rub me the wrong way! No class at all and not funny.

Alan

Well Alan since you decided to take me to the woodshed I guess I will ask you how much more you contributed to the thread than I did. You stated the obvious and apologized for other folks behaviour which is frankly none of YOUR business.
I WAS trying to be funny(and succeeded) even if you don't thnk so. I also gave him as much CREDIBLE information as anyone else here including you. HEREFORD influence. Wow, now there's a real stretch. :tiphat:

BTW to the OP welcome to Cattle Today, home of hundreds of real fine folks, a few ole soreheads,and a few busybodies. YOU, may feel free to decide who is who. :welcome:

My only problem with your post is a question came from a (most likely) newbie with only four post. So they ventured out to ask a question on a cattle board that looks fun and informative. So whats an old salt like you do? Choose it time to make a bad, taste less joke that so far only you think is funny, although now that there is a bit of a spitting match, others may join in and say it was funny (the posse). I'm just one that sees no humor in a classless, pointless joke on someone with just a few post. I think that their are plenty of posters with mentor status that have posted a similar type of animal and not gotten that comment. What makes it my business is that I'm as much of a member of CT as anyone and I think my original post has a he!! of a lot more merit than your no a$$ contribution did. You forgot to mention on your list of deciding who's who on the board the few folks that let their ego get the best of them at times.

3way, you and I have never had a problem before and I hope we don't in the future, I've been around CT since 04, I've seen too many newbies ran off by your type of response. It's one of the two reasons I mostly lurk and learn these days, unless it's about sports :)

Alan

Lon":7ait2spe said:
Alan":7ait2spe said:
chester1977":7ait2spe said:
40 looks and no love

has very short hair compared to hereford.

Help a working man out.

Welcome to the board Chester, by now you know that there are enough smart$$ folk on the board to ruin your point. I won't venture a guess to the cross other than Hereford, I just wanted to say welcome to the board.

To others, here is a newbie with 4 posts coming to ask what seems to be a honest question about a possible cross. Not what the a$$ looks like, 4 post. This stuff has always rub me the wrong way! No class at all and not funny.

Alan

well i got a kick out of the comment and i am sure he can tell that it was a joke specially when other poeple said things along the line of new breed and :lol2: :lol2: . but i guess thats me. maybe i just dont personally get chapped easy enough.

Lon, I have seen many, many folks with the potential of great information and knowledge, such as the manager of MSU cattle center, ran off as a new poster because some folks decided to make it rough for them as a newbie. Just months ago one of our past mods made, what I veiwed as an attempt to run off the late and much respected Idaman when he was pretty much a newbie (Idaman is a great post to read if you haven't yet). Like I said I've been on CT since May of 04. I'm sure your view of things that happen on CT may change after you've been here longer than 3 months.

I'm not going to get in a spitting match with a bunch of folks, but on this I will voice my opinion.

Alan

Alan":1aj57qsi said:
Lon, I have seen many, many folks with the potential of great information and knowledge, such as the manager of MSU cattle center, ran off as a new poster because some folks decided to make it rough for them as a newbie. Just months ago one of our past mods made, what I veiwed as an attempt to run off the late and much respected Idaman when he was pretty much a newbie (Idaman is a great post to read if you haven't yet). Like I said I've been on CT since May of 04. I'm sure your view of things that happen on CT may change after you've been here longer than 3 months.

I'm not going to get in a spitting match with a bunch of folks, but on this I will voice my opinion.

Alan
i have read the post and it was a really good read. but here i honestly thing your just blowing it out of proportion on the new guy getting roughed up. nothing was said to be mean or rough him up in my opinion.

Lon, I remember your longhorn question and felt the same about that one. In this post the question from a newbie was " what is the Hereford cross?". Not " will you please make fun of my heifers a$$?". I have no problems with 3way or you, it's the so called joke and many before this one with newbies that got a burr under my saddle this morning.

Nuffield said
Alan

I agree Alan it did in fact offend you. Sorry about that in the future I will try to be more sensitive to you feelings. Seems like pretty much everyone but you "got it".

With the info provided there was not much we could tell him besides stating the obvious and frankly the JOKE only occured to me when someone said Simmental.

Now I have stated my case to the OP and you still need to come back and take another shot. Well if that helps you then go ahead. I just hope that the OP had a little chuckle as did a lot of other folks here.

Now whaddya say we let it go before this gets ugly.

3waycross":24g9lnsj said:
Looks to me like a red whitefaced Noassatal. They also come in homozygous black.

ROFLMBOOO..just started reading this...hopefully it's "sterile" as well. A fellow up the road has some of these....he runs a jersey bull with a herd of cross bred cattle...the Noassatal is the result.

Chester, we have been having fun at your expense. Sorry about that. This heifer might be your pride & joy. She actually may have some Simmental in her because of the white patches on the flank area.
You may be new with the cattle business, so I may explain that "looking at the pic" (which a picture can make an animal look aweful sometimes) she looks like she needs more groceries - or she is lacking natural muscling. But, by her looks, I would say she could use more nutrition.
Here's a site for you to check out. Looking at your own cattle & being super critical is the most difficult thing to do.
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/beef/400-795/photos1-9.html
How old is she?

I used to deal with a ranch out here that had alot of the old fashioned fleckveih influence in the cows. In more recent years they added red angus and hereford bulls. Whenever a herford bull got ahold of one of those fleck cows, we'd get a calf that looked just about like that one as a yearling. We called them orange herefords. The looked pretty rough whenever the feed was dry but MAN... those things could raise a CALF when they got bred back to a good red bull and got some feed in them.

Also, you'll never hear me beat someones animal up over a picture unless it was professionally taken... I bought a set of black cows last year after the owner sent me pics. My favorites after seeing them in person were quite different than they were after viewing the pictures. Welcome aboard and hope you've got a tough hide because nobody around here wants to break the skin but that won't stop us from poking. :D

TexasBred":5bv9o7x5 said:
3waycross":5bv9o7x5 said:
Looks to me like a red whitefaced Noassatal. They also come in homozygous black.

ROFLMBOOO..just started reading this...hopefully it's "sterile" as well. A fellow up the road has some of these....he runs a jersey bull with a herd of cross bred cattle...the Noassatal is the result.

Okay you're right, I'm done

Jeanne - Simme Valley":35ydy1jr said:
ALACOWMAN":35ydy1jr said:
CCRanch":35ydy1jr said:
:shock: I got a beefmaster/ simmI cross cow that looks like she's part jersey but not a ounce in her :cowboy:
Is she COLORED like a Jersey or lacking muscling like a Jersey?
some color. but cut her head off you'd swear it was jersey ..if she were lacking muscle like a jersey ida rolled her

I've got a "Hereford" cow that shares some of the same traits, although she stays overnourished. I've begin to wonder if she were not a Hereford Simmental cross.