What breed is this? Hereford and ?

Help Support CattleToday:

chester1977

Reaction score
What would be your best guess as the breed of this heifer?very pale under shoulders.

Heifer2.jpg

Heifer1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

40 looks and no love

has very short hair compared to hereford.

Help a working man out.

Looks like Hereford x Charolais. We used to have a number of those crosses and that is about as dark a hue of yellow as they get. That being said, I'd say it's at least 3/4 or more Hereford.

Jovid":b5ur06xt said:
Looks more like Simmental than Hereford
Ouch! I hope not!!
The "color" makes you think Hfd x Charo - but either she is really really thin or where did the muscle go with that cross? or even Simm x - no muscle??
red whitefaced Noassatal - new breed - I love it.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":i49qukxr said:
Jovid":i49qukxr said:
Looks more like Simmental than Hereford
Ouch! I hope not!!
The "color" makes you think Hfd x Charo - but either she is really really thin or where did the muscle go with that cross? or even Simm x - no muscle??
red whitefaced Noassatal - new breed - I love it.

Could be Simmental.....check out the picture of the Simmental heifer in the link below

http://www.cattlepages.com/photos/photo ... =Simmental

chester1977":303c5lt9 said:
40 looks and no love

Help a working man out.

Welcome to the board Chester, by now you know that there are enough smart$$ folk on the board to ruin your point. I won't venture a guess to the cross other than Hereford, I just wanted to say welcome to the board.

To others, here is a newbie with 4 posts coming to ask what seems to be a honest question about a possible cross. Not what the a$$ looks like, 4 post. This stuff has always rub me the wrong way! No class at all and not funny.

Alan

Alan":14fycgya said:
chester1977":14fycgya said:
40 looks and no love

Help a working man out.

Welcome to the board Chester, by now you know that there are enough smart$$ folk on the board to ruin your point. I won't venture a guess to the cross other than Hereford, I just wanted to say welcome to the board.

To others, here is a newbie with 4 posts coming to ask what seems to be a honest question about a possible cross. Not what the a$$ looks like, 4 post. This stuff has always rub me the wrong way! No class at all and not funny.

Alan

Well Alan since you decided to take me to the woodshed I guess I will ask you how much more you contributed to the thread than I did. You stated the obvious and apologized for other folks behaviour which is frankly none of YOUR business.
I WAS trying to be funny(and succeeded) even if you don't thnk so. I also gave him as much CREDIBLE information as anyone else here including you. HEREFORD influence. Wow, now there's a real stretch. :tiphat:

BTW to the OP welcome to Cattle Today, home of hundreds of real fine folks, a few ole soreheads,and a few busybodies. YOU, may feel free to decide who is who. :welcome:

First of all that animal appears to have been undernourished. I am guessing he is a polled Hereford (or a lot of it in his ancestry) but have not been accessible to many groceries of adequate quality for him to look healthy. My vote: more a product of his environment than his breeding. Then again, as my good friend says, "What do I know?" Hard to tell from just one picture and my crystal ball is sometimes murky.

Julian":2qer2a5w said:
First of all that animal appears to have been undernourished. I am guessing he is a polled Hereford (or a lot of it in his ancestry) but have not been accessible to many groceries of adequate quality for him to look healthy. My vote: more a product of his environment than his breeding. Then again, as my good friend says, "What do I know?" Hard to tell from just one picture and my crystal ball is sometimes murky.
must be one of those above average murky days for you. he's a heifer :p

Alan":1nctk95t said:
chester1977":1nctk95t said:
40 looks and no love

Help a working man out.

Alan

well i got a kick out of the comment and i am sure he can tell that it was a joke specially when other poeple said things along the line of new breed and :lol2: :lol2: . but i guess thats me. maybe i just dont personally get chapped easy enough.

Latest posts