what brand tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

.[/quote]
something else you need to ask the dealer is what the weight is of each tractor you are looking at you can have all the HP you want and if the machine don't weigh as much as a smaller HP machine the smaller mmachine will do more work hp does no good if you don't have the traction[/quote]

Good point. Thats the only thing I can say bad about the Kubota's....other than the price :D

highgrit":2yjlfzwe said:
After the last couple of days of blowing rain, an snow a cab tractor is the only way to go.
They're just as valuable in the hot humid summer, especially if your running a tedder or a round baler.

dun":3c4s48ai said:
highgrit":3c4s48ai said:
After the last couple of days of blowing rain, an snow a cab tractor is the only way to go.
They're just as valuable in the hot humid summer, especially if your running a tedder or a round baler.
or a brushhog, discbine, fert buggy, or just driving down the road
only un cabbed tractor I have is a little 170 A/C that all we do with it is pull the feed box when weaning calves and maybe a broadcast seeder now and then

Well it has snowed again and winds are roaring like March. I had pretty much decided on cab 4x4 and bucket.

Have spent the day driving to dealers and taking Turkey with them.

3 I'd kubota Mf and NH.

Only NH and one JD had a tractor like I was looking for on lot. Kubota had an open cab and did indicate they only ordered cast iron wheels for weight.
I think I am going with a JD 5093E

lifeofleisure":w7jxi0sk said:
Well it has snowed again and winds are roaring like March. I had pretty much decided on cab 4x4 and bucket.

3 I'd kubota Mf and NH.

Only NH and one JD had a tractor like I was looking for on lot. Kubota had an open cab and did indicate they only ordered cast iron wheels for weight.
Good tractor as long as you get the right loader for the size of the tires.

lifeofleisure":3qxakb25 said:

3 I'd kubota Mf and NH.

Mind if I ask what kind of price they are quoting on the 5093?

Do not discount Branson tractors. I bought a 4720 six years ago and have been very happy with it. The things that lead to my decision were price, weight, and options. Resale was not an issue as I plan to keep it forever; much like my dad did with his equipment. My boy can worry about resale when I am gone or can't do it anymore LOL. Since buying mine, they have bigger tractors and I have more land. I really like the 6530 cab tractor which is plenty hp for my little cattle farm. I buy hay so a bigger tractor isn't really needed. All Bransons are 4x4 and have many factory options. Here is some data from "TractorData.com".
Wheelbase: 80 inches [203 cm]
Weight: 5,808 lbs [2634
Engine (gross): 65 hp [48.5 kW]
PTO (claimed): 57 hp [42.5

I must say i agree on the service part.I have a MF dealer 5miles away from house that loaned me a tractor on a Sunday last summer.My 390T busted a steering cylinder 270 had a pin come off a gear in tranny and Landini had a shifter break all this happened on a Sat evening after the dealership closed.I called them at home and they told me 2 stop by Sunday and gave me a MF so that i could get my hay baled before the rains hit on Monday.Needless 2 say that makes me pretty loyal to the dealership. :D As for the cab goes the 390t has 1 and i will never buy another that doesn't unless it is 1 of those very good deals.I do think evey farm should have at least 1 open cab for the places that are just 2 bad 2 take a cab i always worry about the glass in the woods.

Gettin' ready to buy a Kubota 7040 su. I had them spec it out with a lot of weights because of our haylage. I'm really gettin' tired of all our problems with our JD 6430, 700hrs. Might have dealer spec out a 126 kubota! Kubota was $5000 cheaper than JD equivilent.

Sizmic

Latest posts