What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

Help Support CattleToday:

Green Creek

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I have been able to closely monitor or contribute to the forum because of our traumatic accident so I feel kind of like an out-of-sight/out-of-mind member. I am especially thankful to
have a husband who is not paralyzed or head injured and who is finally on his feet and kicking. We are thankful for good neighbors and children who pitched in to carry the load. Something like this changes you, mostly for the better, I believe. Happy Thanksgiving to every one of you.

I am thankful for my health, my family, and the many oppurtunites the good Lord has blessed me and my family with.

Im a thankful for my family & their good health..but also the freedom we have in this beautiful USA. Happy Thanksgiving.

im thankful to have made it through another year so far.an that every1 in my family is healthy.

I am thankful for my children, my parents who are in relatively good health, all of my great friends, my cattle and most of all my grandson Ethan who is about to be a year old and seems to love the cows and chickens-looks like I have a little partner in crime. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. :cboy:

I am thankful for my family. My oldest brother is still with us this year. My sons ,2 will be be home this year. One is overseas and is in good health. I am thankful my cattle are still hanging on,even though we have had no rain. I am thankful for all of my friends that still put up with me.
God Bless all.

For the patience of friends
For the encouragment of family
For the support of good neighbors
For the joy of my child
For the love of my wife
and For the forgiveness of my God

Arkcowman

I'm thankful for a lot this year.
This spring, my dad and i were working cows, and they turned and he fell down, was knocked out for a few minutes. Found out after lots of different scenarios that he needed a pacemaker put in. (Within an hour of when he came home, he came down to the barn to "check up" on me). After he was about healed from that, he had a stress test and needed a cardiac cath done. That showed that he needed a double bypass. He's still sore, but finally able to help a little with feeding, which is what he enjoys.
This all started about 2 weeks before I had the lap-band surgery. So in addition to him being in better health and shape from all of that, I am in better helth too, as I have lost 106 lbs since June.
Also thankful for being able to start management at work and on the farm.

Surprisingly enough, I'm thankful for all the crap that came our way, because it has made us even more appreciative for all the good in our life. I'm thankful for family, a wonderful husband, health, friends, a roof over our heads, food on the table, the list goes on and on. Thank you to the Lord and happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Katherine

I am glad to born in America. It just can't be beat.

Everyday is a Good Day when you ain't pushing up Daisy's. Or so we think.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. I know we are looking forward to the Holiday Season.

I'm thankful that my husband and I still have enough our health.. well, mostly, although sometimes it's hit and miss! And that I still have the energy to get out and feed cows and halter break calves, and that we both have our jobs (oh wait.. we work for ourselves.. hmm... :roll: ) so that we can afford to feed the cows in this dry spell. I'm thankful that my best friend that had a scare with breast cancer is doing well, and that my friend in Illinois that had bypass surgery is doing well also! Shesh.. what, is everyone getting OLD?? :secret:

I thank God every day that I make it through another one! And I'm thankful that at the end of the day, I can ride the four wheeler out to the top of the hill, lay over the handlebars and watch the stars come out.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Latest posts