What are you going to do if ....

Help Support CattleToday:

I did some googling and found where this has happened several times. Only time I clearly remember was Reagan but it happened with Clinton and Bush too. It doesn't sound like it would be too big a deal for anyone. Possibly an inconvenience to some people wanting to visit national parks or applying for benefits but in all cases federal workers ended up just getting an extra paid holiday. It just strikes me how much I pay in taxes when I consider what little affect it would have on me if they shut the thing down. You would think it would have a larger affect but maybe I'm missing something.

As to reading the graph chart I'm thinking what it's telling us has to do with debt and income. GDP meaning Gross Domestic Product, what the USA makes and sells therefore the income from our GDP. Then there's the upper part of the chart showing debt, meaning what we spend. So my take on the thing shows we (the US) spend more than we make.

From the 1950's to the 70's spending/debt appears to have remained somewhat static while the income decreased during that time, then both seemed to increase.

At least that's how I translated the chart, but at the same time it makes no sense to me because it doesn't have the side-by-side comparisons, just Reps on the bottom with GDP and Dems on top with debt.

Just my take on the chart, FWIW <-----(probably not much)
katherine

Workinonit Farm":yjk2n0vq said:
As to reading the graph chart I'm thinking what it's telling us has to do with debt and income. GDP meaning Gross Domestic Product, what the USA makes and sells therefore the income from our GDP. Then there's the upper part of the chart showing debt, meaning what we spend. So my take on the thing shows we (the US) spend more than we make.

From the 1950's to the 70's spending/debt appears to have remained somewhat static while the income decreased during that time, then both seemed to increase.

At least that's how I translated the chart, but at the same time it makes no sense to me because it doesn't have the side-by-side comparisons, just Reps on the bottom with GDP and Dems on top with debt.

Just my take on the chart, FWIW <-----(probably not much)
katherine

The lines don't represent the presidents. The vertical bars of pink and blue do. Other than that, I interpret it the same way.

LRTX1":2zk7g0w1 said:
The lines don't represent the presidents. The vertical bars of pink and blue do. Other than that, I interpret it the same way.

Thank you.....Now it makes more sense. :oops: I wasn't paying attention to the vertical pink and blues, only the actual graph lines.....(duh) :oops: :oops: and thinking/seeing the graph lines as red and blue. :oops:

That's what I get for trying to 'think' while being distracted.

Katherine