What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Breakfast yesterday at local family restaurant. A great everything omelet with generous hashbrowns and toast $20 plus coffee and tax $24.89 before tip

Talk about inflation
pre-pandemic a $20 bill would have covered everything including a generous tip :(

Breakfast yesterday at local family restaurant. A great everything omelet with generous hashbrowns and toast $20 plus coffee and tax $24.89 before tip

Talk about inflation
pre-pandemic a $20 bill would have covered everything including a generous tip :(

I don't believe I've ever spent that much for breakfast.

Y'all haven't ever eaten breakfast at a Hilton? .....
Not the Hilton, but I have eaten breakfast at the Hyatt Regency once. If I remember nothing was under $20. Good thing the college I was working for was footing the bill for my meals, but I had to pay for my family to eat. My wife at time complained about hai4r in the sink, and they moved us up into a sweet on the ninth floor. Best bed I have ever slept in.

Not the Hilton, but I have eaten breakfast at the Hyatt Regency once. If I remember nothing was under $20. Good thing the college I was working for was footing the bill for my meals, but I had to pay for my family to eat. My wife at time complained about hai4r in the sink, and they moved us up into a sweet on the ninth floor. Best bed I have ever slept in.

That's above my pay grade too. My wife and I stayed at the hotel that connects to the convention center in Dallas (I think it's the Omni) for about four days, but I wasn't paying for it. The company that sells the software I use at work was footing the bill.

Generally not the place we stay either but have earned enough points to be a diamond member staying at the Hampton Inn over the years. Went to the Texas Annual Conference back in May which was held at the Hilton of Americas in downtown Houston. Seems if I remember right the breakfast buffet would have been $28.

I did stay at a Wyndham Gardens once near the Denver Tech Center. I was pretty nice. Only got that room because of Priceline. My wife complained about the nose the high school kids were making on our floor and the moved us to a sweet in that one as well. Our son was a baby at the time and they gave us a stainless steel crib. The kid looked like he was in a jail. Windham was nice but not near as nice as the Hyatt.

Last edited:

Latest posts