What are you eating today?

Help Support CattleToday:

At the Copperas Cove Rabbit Fest. Evidently this is some sort of 'thing' here, tho I didn't see any rabbits of any kind, not fried, bbq'd, live or any other kind., but wife wanted to take in some local 'culture'...

food1.JPG

GIANT Turkey legs!

food2.JPG

I passed on the food except for some curly fries and lemonade that set me back over $10. :cry:

A hog farmer text me the other day, local meat market had "Wagyu" steaks for 31.98 lb which reminded me I still have some steaks in the freezer from my 7/8 Wagyu steer. Thawed a pair of 8 oz rib steaks, dang they were nicely marbled, high prime. Wish I knew how to post photos, oh well too late now, one for lunch and the other for dinner, tasted as good as they looked, very satisfying.

At the Copperas Cove Rabbit Fest. Evidently this is some sort of 'thing' here, tho I didn't see any rabbits of any kind, not fried, bbq'd, live or any other kind., but wife wanted to take in some local 'culture'...

View attachment 16914

GIANT Turkey legs!

View attachment 16915

I passed on the food except for some curly fries and lemonade that set me back over $10. :cry:
We were there last night. My sweetie had to have her 'giant turkey leg'. The local 'culture' was in full swing last night before the cold front blew in and scared a bunch of them running for cover.

Them carny vendors were making a killin off lemonade and 'large' bottled water. $8 and up for lemonade and $4 ea regular bottle of water. I don't care much for those carnivals but wife does. I spent most of my time watching the softball games and the vendor prices over in that area kept their prices down. Canned Coke/Pepsi was just $1. We did go over and watch/listen to the band, but they spooled it up as soon as the wind picked up. A guy with a guitar playing older C&W took the band's place. Today, it was some Mexican food place in a shopping center. (we were al ittle tired of eating at Lil Tex restaurant)
Carne Guisada. I left the rice and beans.

Sister texted me that 'back home' she dumped 3" of rain out of her Cleveland Tx gage this morning and the power was out yesterday and again this morning. I don't miss any of that but I do miss my family and friends there.

mex1.jpg

Them carny vendors were making a killin off lemonade and 'large' bottled water. $8 and up for lemonade and $4 ea regular bottle of water. I don't care much for those carnivals but wife does. I spent most of my time watching the softball games and the vendor prices over in that area kept their prices down. Canned Coke/Pepsi was just $1. We did go over and watch/listen to the band, but they spooled it up as soon as the wind picked up. A guy with a guitar playing older C&W took the band's place. Today, it was some Mexican food place in a shopping center. (we were al ittle tired of eating at Lil Tex restaurant)
Carne Guisada. I left the rice and beans.

Sister texted me that 'back home' she dumped 3" of rain out of her Cleveland Tx gage this morning and the power was out yesterday and again this morning. I don't miss any of that but I do miss my family and friends there.

View attachment 16981

I got conned into taking took my wife and daughter out for Mexican food last night. We've eaten at that restaurant many times, but I tried something new last night. I don't remember the name, but it was two thin steaks stacked on top of each other, with shrimp between them, and pico de gallo and white cheese on top. It was pretty good.

When it comes to Mexican food, yellow cheese is an American thing. Most real Mexican food uses white cheese from goat milk.

Yup. I get queso blanco on my breakfast burritos on a regular basis (when I get a burrito with beef fajita mixed with eggs I skip the cheese).

me too. but was only good the 1st time I tasted it, if you know what I mean.
From a little joint near Big Lake Texas

I do know what you mean. The same thing happened to the guy I was with, and he was fine the next day. For me it took several days to work it's way through, if you know what I mean.

It was a cafe in Waller, TX. In hindsight, we should have been suspicious since we were the only customers in the place.

Latest posts