What are you driving today?

Help Support CattleToday:

It is a little after 11:00 AM here and I have already driven a New Holland TC55, a Massey Ferguson 390, and a 08 Kia Spectra. I am about to drive a 03 Ford F-250 and when I get over to the summer pasture I will be riding on a Honda Rancher. That will all be before noon. And I better get after it as it is supposed to get hot this afternoon.

Boss texted me last night and said Jeff (guy we do a lot of trucking for who owns a scrapyard) has a dozer he needs you to haul to Rittman tomorrow be there at sunrise. Turns out it was this big old dinosaur. I made it but would have adjusted my brakes and made sure I had 110 in all my tires had I known I was hauling this sucker on 5 axles. I do love hauling the big iron though.

kenny thomas":3f2rn8my said:
Good load. Did another trucker haul the blade?
Yeah they were bringing it later I was just happy to get that dozer unloaded. I will say that thing was ready to work, seems like usually those older dozers you really have to rev up to get em moving especially when cold, but as soon as I put that sucker in gear at an idle it was moving. The blade is 16 ft and Jeff said it is a pushing sob.

That thing was really flexing that trailer and it's a 50 ton trailer.

I moved a D9 in 1978 about 2am. Blade, ripper, and all. Had to raise the blade to go over the top of some cars parked along the road. Only moved it about 4 miles but was still a big job. When it touched the rear of the trailer it picked up the rear end of the truck.

kenny thomas":237eeymt said:
I moved a D9 in 1978 about 2am. Blade, ripper, and all. Had to raise the blade to go over the top of some cars parked along the road. Only moved it about 4 miles but was still a big job. When it touched the rear of the trailer it picked up the rear end of the truck.
Kenny I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I love moving big machines. It's stressful, but once you get to your destination it is so rewarding.

I was young then and they would have locked us up if they caught us but I loved doing it. Where we onloaded it they had a guard with a machine gun overlooking the operation so I'm sure other things were going on also.

Today bunch of stuff 16 3500 dmax flatbed off and on all day. Deere 5085m, ih 1086 with 496 disk, new Holland tl90 with cultipacker, 06 dmax farm truck, deere 6430, Polaris ranger, and last but not least 96 Tacoma (the Mexican ride) never really thought about how much stuff I'm driving in a day

Hillbillie100.jpg

A Blue Bird school bus, 20th year. I get to take it home, so it saves me a lot of gas. This evening I'll be on a John Deere 5101 feeding hay and moving some troughs.
Have a great day!

rowdyred":2oao2z6x said:
A Blue Bird school bus, 20th year. I get to take it home, so it saves me a lot of gas. This evening I'll be on a John Deere 5101 feeding hay and moving some troughs.
Have a great day!
Brother and sis-in-law both drive school buses and have for a couple decades. Both tell me the things they've seen those jr high and high school kids do on the bus would make a sailor blush..

I had to move this ole girl around today. A tight spot to be parallel parking, especially with touchy brakes. :lol:

greybeard":15y2lcx4 said:
rowdyred":15y2lcx4 said:
Have a great day!
Brother and sis-in-law both drive school buses and have for a couple decades. Both tell me the things they've seen those jr high and high school kids do on the bus would make a sailor blush..
lol, that's right

can you even get your hand under that trailer? Looks like that thing is bending it almost to the ground.

damn!

Latest posts