What are you doing this weekend?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Fuel cost really chokes me ....it's hard to go to the coast (165 miles) when gas hits $3
It's really hard to do much lately. I really think we are going to struggle untill we lower fuel cost or start making enough $ to afford a new truck that gets enough MPG to hedge the cost of a truck that costs 30k or more. Wishin I could be fishing....

Fuel cost suck. I wish fed govt had a regulatory board to keep it at 2 dollars a gallon gas and diesel 70 cents a gallon lol

Kids had a rodeo Saturday------$80 in fuel round trip. Entry fees totaled $140 for all 3 kids. We could have brought sandwiches, but somehow forgot, ended up spending $30 on food. A $250 Saturday is very expensive. I think about it all the time. We have one every time you turn around. I love them too much to stop. I hope it's not at the expense of their future.

Bigfoot":snhyxu1b said:
Kids had a rodeo Saturday------$80 in fuel round trip. Entry fees totaled $140 for all 3 kids. We could have brought sandwiches, but somehow forgot, ended up spending $30 on food. A $250 Saturday is very expensive. I think about it all the time. We have one every time you turn around. I love them too much to stop. I hope it's not at the expense of their future.
We have /had a big family when my kids where young. Seemed like there was a birthday party every weekend fOr years! A waste as far as I can tell....jmHo

Went to my Uncle's wake on Friday night, funeral on Saturday, church on Sunday and burned brush piles on Monday. I need to go back to work just to rest.

My grandsons went camping. First Memorial Day weekend in 25 or so years I did not have the camp-out on the river. I did the hermit thing. Cut up the fruit trees the drought killed and burned them. Pulled the stumps and burned them. Picked boysenberries and juiced them out for jelly. Stayed home Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It was great. I am ruined!

I had a great weekend. Me and the misses rode about 5 hrs on the jeep Saturday top down dirt roads. spent several hours fishing Saturday night. Had lunch at mama's Sunday after church fried chicken, squash, new potatoes in milk gravy, string beans and homemade ice cream. Sunday evening I moved 5 heifers back into the herd because no grass and we are as dry as a popcorn fart. Watch a good race Sunday Night. Monday morning checked on cows had to yearlings out put them back in and figured I would work on that fence later. Went fishing again for a few hours caught several small bream so I threw'em back . Came home rested a while then went to my MIL's and had hamburgers and the fixins. Late in the day I decided to string an extra strand of barb wire where the yearlings were getting into cotton got that done and my weekend was over. Thank you for allowing me to be able to enjoy my weekend because of the sacrifice of our current and former military men and women.

Monday back to work. I leave the house about 6am and get about 10 miles away and my cousin calls and says there is a bunch of cows out on the other where I have mine so I turn around head back home and keep telling myself I should checked the fence on the other side. When I get there I pull up and them aint my cows. So we run them back to where they are supposed to be and I head on to work.

Our petrol works out to $10.32 a gallon. but we will still go to the coast at the weekend if it is not raining, we are about 30 miles from our local coast line, and our new car does about 49 miles to a gallon on a cruise, not sure how much it does around town.

It rained pretty much all weekend here. I burned brush and scrap lumber on Saturday. On Sunday I went to church and then up to see my Dad. Monday morning I walked a couple miles of fence and fixed a couple gates in another pasture. Went through two sets of raingear and rubber gloves. Still came out like a drowned rat. Then the GF and I went up to Cabela's (killing time but something to do on a rainy day).

Went fishing this weekend. Left home around 3:00 p Friday, towed to Corpus Christi (260+), threw the boat in the water around 9:00p and drove 37 miles South down the Intercoastal Waterway. Altogether we used 50 gal of diesel and 55 gal gas. Caught a lot of fish which averaged around $300.00 per pound, by the time you factor in the value of the boat. Ain't life grand.

skyhightree1":2maiqar0 said:
Fuel cost suck. I wish fed govt had a regulatory board to keep it at 2 dollars a gallon gas and diesel 70 cents a gallon lol

You need a head puller for that cranial rectal inversion.
The government is making more off gasoline than anyone.
Do you have a clue how many times that gallon of gasoline is taxed.
1 Taxed off the boat (tariff) 2 Refinery pay's school, county and city taxes as well as inventory taxes. 3 Tank farm as well as distributor pay's all the before mentioned taxes except tariff. When it get's to the pump it's taxed again.
This doesn't even include mandated ethanol. Companies don't pay taxes they collect them from us.

They are trying to raise fuel taxes

Latest posts